Very bad stomach

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All

Have posted about various symptoms - am in such a lot of pain tonight despite yoga etc I guess I am posting to help calm me.  I always resort to cancer when I feel like this.  I have had tests all clear and am seeing a colon docc next week but ahhhh panics! Have been told to take buscopan not pain killers by GP but I think they make the panics worse! I have lost weight but feel like my whole body has changed so dramatically in the last 6-8 weeks.  Am due a period at the end of this week so realise my hormones are probably high

Just wanted to post in case any of you have bad stomach/bowels too

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have had this problem and yes I have thought I might have cancer of some kind! I think either ovarian, bowel or cancer of the uterus.....I am scared to take HRT because of this; even oestrogen ovules although I am using them sparingly!!! I do understand what you are going through!.XXXX
  • Posted

Yes I get bad stomach pains at times too and I know it's linked to my hormones and not IBS as I have been fobbed off with so many times. I have had various test and they all come back clear, docs don't seem to see the connection and blame anxiety but we know our own bodies. You are not alone😊
    • Posted

Yep same here...Docs just won't accept half my symptoms are the menopause and I KNOW they are.  However, as I say I sometimes get scared and think maybe I have something serious.  It does pass though. I just hold on tight until it does!!!X
  • Posted

I too have been getting pains on my right side were the kidneys are.It travels round to my back , i don`t have it on my left side. I am 300lb heavy so need to lose ½ of my present body weight also i am not active .

I am thinking it is an infection which comes and goes so it is more annoying  than anything. I was looking for a board which will enable me to chat with other females who are my age 56 + and who have concerns about menopause  issues.

• Posted

Thank you all

Here's to sleep!

• Posted

Yes, I guess the stomach issue is a part of this deal with menopause. I get it too; heartburn, constipation, runny bowels,etc. My mind starts thinking the worst too. I have also lost weight and am trying to put it back on. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I used to be voluptuous and glamorous but I look and feel so old. This is what menopause has done to me. I can't wait for things to settle down so I can get my life back.
    • Posted

Hi

Yes this is the most worrying part for me, I've seen weightloss in cancer so automatically associate that with this!

I'm trying to eat and excercise in moderation to get some weight back on! And try and relax huh!

• Posted

Have you had them check your thyroid? I had my annual pap test done today and I told my GYN everything that I have been experiencing. She ordered ultrasounds for my pelvic pain that I told her I was having and she also had labs drawn to test my thyroid to see if that is what is causing my weight loss issue. We even discussed the likelihood of a hysterectomy, which I am completely open to. I just can;t be bothered anymore with all of this craziness!
  • Posted

Hi Joy, I had several days of bloating, convinced I had something more serious, it has gone away, I believe that what happens is with peri and menopause the diversity and massive amount of symptons that ravage our bodies is what causes us to think we have cancer or some dreaded disease and while we should get ourselves checked out, I strongly look at timing, for example, I have been beiseged with literally about 30 symptoms that all happened 6 months ago when ironically the perimeopause started, good luck. 
  • Posted

Hi

Have you tried changing your diet?

I also suffer with horrible stomach problems. I find that gluten and wheat can make it worse. I was tested for coeliac but that came back negative but I definitely know that food can make my symptoms worse. Certain times of the month are worse than others so I feel that my hormones are to blame. I find cutting out gluten and wheat when I'm at my worst can help.. Might not work for you but maybe worth a try.. x

• Posted

Thank you all for your help

I am keeping a food diary and diary of emotional

My thing is that all test including hormone are negative so is this peri? My friend said hers didn't show but was?

I have cut out wheat and gluten in case

I get bloating and I can get really bad pains all over my abdomen some sharp some like a period

Maybe this is a long trial and error road

Certainly very humbling!

Gosh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.