Very bad wind and low mood

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies... Since I've started this whole journey of the change its been up and down. But lately it been a struggle... Do any of you suffer with really bad wind especially while in bed..very uncomfortable... . I need to go to the loo several times (wee).. Disturbed night and not great sleep.. The gp says I have ibs... But it's worse at times and I'm very down right now with it all... I know hormones play a but role on gut activity so do you guys struggle with the same.... Thanks in advance. CK

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol, yes my ibs started maybe a year before periods stopped and continues 2 yrs post! I seem to have a lot of food sensitivities now like gluten and sugar. Limiting these helps. I dont have cramps tho so i often wonder if mine is food sensitivities rather than ibs. I think ibs was only diagnosed because other things were ruled out with blood and poo tests. Meno does affect the gut and i guess if digestion becomes more sluggish certain foods get to ferment and produce the gas. Eliminate things one by one like wheat(gluten), milk (lactose) and sugar then reintroduce and see if the gas returns. Sleep slightly propped up if you can! I always have to pee in the night too and bladder is much weaker...when i get the urge i have to go! Meno also brought high anxiety and palpitations, hot flushes, join pains, prickly eyes, weight gain, water retention. Who knew? Lol
    • Posted

Hi Julie..

Thx for this.... Yes I've had all the other symptoms you mentioned... I'd some chocolate earlier today and don't feel great so I think I will stay off this for a while... I'd a scope down my tummy and all was fine... I know the change has played a major role but at times it really get on top of you... Thx for your reply... So appreciate it. 💗💗 CK

• Posted

Yes! Cut down on sugar and small meals. Don’t get too full. Lots of water and exercise! 
  • Posted

Omg YES. I have so many digestive issues now, and it totally effects my entire body.

Some days I’ll start getting what I call “heavy head”...which gives me anxiety, then feel a little woozy, and just overall icky.....some tummy, side, and lower back pains....sometimes even some minor chest pains...then within like five minutes of any of that starting my stomach starts gurgling and there comes the “wind”.

Sometimes it’ll last for HOURS.

The only thing that helps me with it is eating like an obsessed health nut- which is next to impossible for me because...well- you know....chocolate..

And ice cream...

And chips and salsa...

And little Debbie’s...

And donuts....

And and and.....lol

Hang in there, a lot of women say it gets better, I’m counting on them being right!! ❤️❤️

• Posted

No one prepares you for this do they? I take a tablet from boots called windless that help with my tummy but the wind in my bowels the last two night have been awful. A pro biotic helps me too... I've to had the same symptoms... It's really a day at a time... Yes I heard the wind gets worse towards the menopause due to hormonal levels dropping off.....thanks so much for your reply and I hope you feel better soon.....sharing here so helps... Thanks again xxc

• Posted

Hi I glad you mention the heavy head me too. When you lie down and get does it happen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.