Very big hydrocele with 350ml

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am not sure of what to think or expect, what do I do?

I dont know if anybody had gone through my kind of hydrocele experience, I had a very big hydrocele like the size of coconut but in mango shape with about 300 to 350ml drained as I did my hydrocele surgery about a week ago, no more pain and passing out urine is very free and not like before when my urine was not flowing freely but am worried if the size of my scrotum will come back to it natural size again, am still thinking and comfused as well because I dont know what to expect, who do I expect?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Victor,

First...why did you wait until the hydrocele was the size of a coconut?  That being said...glad you had the surgery...you will be swollen and that is to be expected. My advice to anyone having this surgery is to keep icing the boys up.  Consistently keep ice on your scrotom area and wear loose clothing while you are laying around. You sac will return to normal. Hang in there....no pun intended!

• Posted

Hello Victor, finally someone who has had a big hydrocele as i did. I was a little over 375 ml. My surgery was April 2nd of 18 and now all my adema has gone done to about zero, my scrotum blew up to almost the size of a basketball a few days after my surgery and could barely walk, here almost 3 months later just about back to normal. Just some extra skin from when I blew up, after 8 years of a cantaloupe in my pants I'll take it!!! Hope all goes well with you

• Posted

go to Dr. Laurence Levine in Chicago and get ASPIRATION & SCLEROTHERAPY, don't waste your time with the surgery. look up mentions of Dr. Levine here on these forums to learn more. remember that most of the urologists are trying to make money$$$$$$ off of you with the more expensive surgery, which is highly invasive. go for the less invasive, less expensive option. Dr. Levine will change your life.

• Posted

I appreciate, you all and hope to recover fully now.
    • Posted

I have four kids already and am done with child bearing except otherwise but is it true that hydrocele surgery can affect your productive system ?
  • Posted

Been a week since I had my hydrocelectomy. I'm 45 years old a super active.

Mine was not quite the size of a coconut but close to a grapefruit size. Yes, I know I waited too long.

No pain whatsoever but peeing was beginning to get weird. I would pee and minutes after I would get some pretty substantial leakage.

Process was relatively pain free. A+ for Cleveland Clinic here in South Florida. Dr. Gans was good and the hospital outpatient center was top notch. No complaints.I think not being nervous or apprehensive helped quite a bit.

Where am I now? Well, like a complete fool, I over did it this past Saturday moving light furniture around and may have popped a stitch but it has since gotten better. I know, I know, should have sat still. 

Surprisingly even after surgery the swelling was not bad. Right now just slight swelling and can't wait for the incision to heal. 

If you're thinking about it...stop thinking and get 'er done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.