Very Cold

Posted , 6 users are following.

I find with copd I am extremely cold at times especially my feet and take ages to heat up, is this common as it is very irritating.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ,it would appear so ,,my feet are always cold ,,,,,I asked for a pair of UGG slippers for Xmas ,,,,,but they only did those with no backs ,,,,( that I find dangerous on the stairs ) so my daughter bought me a pair from Debenhams called JUST SLIPPERS,,,,,,they are real sheepskin and are full slippers ,,,,they were £60 ,,,but worth it ,,,,,at the moment they are in the sale at £25 ,,,,,so I've bought another pair ,,,,they're the best slippers ever ,,, ,I often have a hot water bottle at night in bed ,( I don't like electric blankets ) and during the day when I'm just sitting I have one of those fleece throws over me ,,,,I did feel old using one ,,,and  daft ,,,and embarrassed ,but my daughter informed me that thousands of these throws are sold to all ages every day ,,,,,and I have quite a few different ones now ,,,,a beautiful shaggy fur one I had for a  Xmas present at a cost of £80  from my daughter is one of my favourites ,at the moment ,,,,,,that my Grandaughter grabs when she comes over ,,,,',,,,

its not a case of turning up the heating ,,,,,,but in answer to your question ,,,,YES I think it is ,,,,,,,keep warm ,,

• Posted

Hi ,Bill ,,,,,please disregard ,,,,part of my comment below,,,,,about the slippers ,,,,,,,I didn't even look to see who posted the question ,,,sorry 
  • Posted

Hi Bill ,please ignore my comments on the slippers etc ,,,I apologise for not looking who posted the question ,,,,,,but yes I I do think it's due to COPD
  • Posted

My experience of cold feet, is not related to my lung condition, its mainly if the weather is very cold / windy, if I sit still for too long or if I don't have enough layers on for the temperature when sitting around inside.

But I have noticed  since having a lung condition my tummy gets cold, maybe because it sticks out the most ha ha ;O)

When view tv with feet up I tend to site with rug over my legs and feet, this seems to help and also the heat pad is great.  You can even get those slipper you can heat in the microwave now similar to the wheaty bags and then there is the heated foot warmer that fits both feet inside.

Keep warm, this storm Imogen is chilling things down some in UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.