Very confused and full of anxiety please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, my name is Jenn i am 51 years old.  I have written on here before and have always gotten very good advice.  After getting a thoracic spine MRI, a cyst 2.6 cm on the tail of my pancreas was found.  I went to my Gastro doc who referred me to the director of pancreatic medicine in NY where I live.  He told me it was probable a IPMN cyst and was most likely benign.  No MRI enhancement or ductal dilation.  I was then sent for a endoscopic ultrasound, results were benign, but precancerous. So my doc wants to take it out by next year.  Because eventually it prob will become cancerous.  He said the Citology said the tumor marker was 1800, but not to pay attention to that it does not mean I have any sort of cancer.  He said 18000 would alarm him.  My head is spinning please some advice or experiences welcome

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

you surely understand that Drs are in their jobs to make money right?  go somewhere else.  go see a natural healer, go see and acupuncturist, go somewhere else.  if you have your pancreas removed you go into immediate diabetes.  i was told i needed my gallbladder removed and i refused.  i started seeing an acupuncturist that was excited to see me because most of the people she saw had already had their gallbladders removed and were having a whole new set of issues.  i have been going for only a few weeks and i have not had a gallbladder attack once and i feel so much better.  our parts are not meant to be taken out and they can be healed.  but not by modern medicine because modern medicine is nothing but a money machine.  go see someone that actually cares about your health and well being.  that anxiety is telling you to do something other .. good luck.     
    • Posted

thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me however to say that all doctors and will healthcare is just in it for the money is sort of an ignorant statement. I have had many friends and relatives who have had cancer and have survived. I don’t think a medical doctor of 32 years experience with pancreatic cancer patients would tell me that I needed just the tail and the cyst not the whole pancreas removed to avoid pancreatic cancer is caring about me. Whatever works for you is great and I thank you But quite honestly instead of helping you increased my anxiety. You can have an opinion but don’t be belligerent at the same time
    • Posted

I meant to say a doctor of 32 years experience does care about my well-being he’s trying to avoid me getting pancreatic cancer in three or four years. My confusion with some of the terms he used all I wanted to feel better was if someone else had this type of experience themselves and how they felt about it. You’re talking about your gallbladder it’s not even the question that I asked thanks again
    • Posted

i'm talking about Drs removing things for money.  doesn't matter what it is.  you should look up how many surgeries are done a year?  it's big business.  and if you are concerned about terms you should ask.  and ask again. i wasn't being belligerent, i am being concerned about how many people think that Drs are gods and how many people a year are butchered in the name of money.  there are alternatives to having your innards removed.  once you remove a body part you create a whole new set of issues.  sorry if you didn't want to hear that.  

• Posted

yes, thats a good idea   let me leave a precancerous cyst on my pancreas which is one of the most lethal cancers their are and go get a massage and drink green tea. Sorry I want to watch my kids grow up. NO RESPONSE WILL BE READ 
  • Posted

That’s the trouble with the internet - the m ute you ask some kind of medical question the quacks and anti-medicine crowd crawl out of the woodwork!

I have had pancreatic cancer and without removal of part of my pancreas, I would  be dead. That’s the bald facts. I don’t care how much my doctors get paid, they saved my life. However the medical system is different here in the U.K. in that it’s free at point of service so you are offered treatment based on need, not cost.

• Posted

WOW!  I read your post earlier this morning and a smile came over my face.  I couldn't have said it any better.  First of all God bless you for surviving this terrible disease.  You are a survivor, and I agree 100 % with what you said in your post.  The cyst is benign now and I do not have cancer, however, they can't promise 3 to 5 years from now that it won't be.  Even though I am scared to have the surgery and no one wants to have part of their organs removed, there is no other alternative especially with this type of deadly cancer..Thank you for making me feel better, your post was very appreciated. I will keep you posted.

• Posted

Dear Jenn. I can imagine your feeling the way you do.  I’d be exactly the same.  

Do you mind me asking what symptoms you experienced which prompted you to go to Dr. ? 

💐

• Posted

Hi Fiona, I actually did not have any symptoms at all. I went to a pain management doc for neck and back pain .  He sent me for a Thoracic spine MRI, and they found the cyst.  It’s called a incidental finding.  Crazy right? 
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer, i hope you're doing well right now. I was told a year ago today i had a 4.5cm ipmn in the head of my pancreas. This was from an mri to confirm an incidental CT finding.

An endoscopic ultrasound followed after a horrid month later and it was then classified 'most likely' a simple cyst. Fast fwd to last month it has simply all but vanished. I'm very grateful 1 yr on, given for a while there i was looking at a whipple procedure, as a best case scenario. I did a hell of a lot of reading on damn pancreatic cysts over the last year. I'm very glad your ipmn is in the tail - this very much changes the operation in many cases to a much simpler operation with good recovery. Given that, i'd suggest get a second opinion with a view to just getting it done and get on with yr life. The minute you wake in recovery you'll be glad because you'll be on the road to having your life back, and 4 weeks after that you will. Wishing you the best and i think you will walk away from this fine one day.

• Posted

Dear Jennifer, so sorry to read about your predicament. My dad has pancreatic cancer and I only wish he had had the opportunity to have treatment before his tumor developed. All cancers are insidious but the pancreas is generally silent until it is far too late. Yes, you may need supplements to aid digestion and possibly insulin but that's a far better option than developing a cancer which is basically incurable. Alternative medicines have their part to play and some people have had great success but regrettably they are all too rare. Could look for alternative therapies to assist you but would heed the medical advice and have it removed. Whatever you decide I wish you all the luck in the world for a positive & successful outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.