Very distended stomach 7 weeks + after gall bladder op.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello all,

Has anyone out there who has had the Gall Bladder op still got a distended stomach 7 + weeks after operation ?

I am back at work now but still cannot do my trousers up as tummy so distended.  

Have a special occasion coming up where I would like to wear  a lovely semi-fitting dress - but at the moment look 7 months pregnant (not poss for a 60 year old lol) but seriously am getting quite depressed by this.

Have had IBS for the last 40 years and when saw Consultant prior to op. he said this op may make all the difference to your IBS (i.e. distended stomach, pain and gurgling) I am ever hopeful !!!!!!

Please - is anyone else still suffering with the bloating - want to know that I am not alone !!!!!

Thankyou.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Viviney 5 weeks on from surgery and I'm still bloated and feeling nauseas prity much the same symptoms you have. its really uncomfortable, I find Permint tea helps for a short time. I was thinking of asking for another scan, I just feel like this isn't normal. I would welcome any advice.

• Posted

Hello Vivey. I am 5 weeks on from surgery and have the same symptoms as you, its very uncomfortable, I drink Pepermint tea and it does help. I am thinking of asking for another scan because I feel like this just isn't normal. I would appreciate any advice.

• Edited

I have not experienced bloating but I suspect a lot of the issues after gall bladder are diet related. What helped me before my surgery was keeping a food journal and I tracked every symptom. So, I knew if I ate something wrong and what side effect it gave me. I have celiac disease, IBS and lactose intolerant. So, I don't do coffe anymore, no soda, no alcohol, only apple juice ( sometimes mostly I drink water) no dairy only coconut milk, no processed or packaged foods. Everything is gluten free and I have lots of vitamins and supplements. And recently started taking Iron supplement, Vit C, Vit D, Biotin, Milk Thistle, Pycnogenol, and a Multivitamin. Just write things down it helps. I would also suggest to see a Nutritionist and a functional medicine doctor and get some bloodwork from your primary that will really help to get a clear picture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.