very dry nose, help!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have this pain in my right nostril going on for 1 month. It feels like I breath icy air all the time. It hurts to the point that I get tingling in my head. It;s so annoying. I also got cold sore inside the right nostril a week ago. Any thoughts what can this be?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine, I also suffer from dry nose as well. It could be the humidity is low, should be at least 40%. There are other health condition, like auto immune deficiency. My right nostril hurt due to dryness. Also I have been clenching my teeth very hard due to worry and stress. This causes pain in the nose area for me. Just got back from a surgeon ent . I did a ct scan,everything very good. Also said I have a mild deviated septum. He told me to use flonasemist, it will not dry you out. He praised this for 5 minutes. He also uses this himself. Also use an herbal saline spray. I also ordered organic oil nose drops on amazon. These work well, due to the sesame oil. You can use a q tip and try a little Vaseline in your nostril. Also try a humidifier. Hope some of these help. Please let me know how your doing? I hate dry nose. I also get post nasal drip after i eat. I think it is reflux. I hate it. Anyway, give those a try. Hope you feel better
    • Posted

Hi John. Thank you for replying. It's indeed very dry where I live but The nose pain is something new. I also have other symptoms going on for a year already. I have a throat pain, gum pain, mouth roof pain. I experience the pain mainly on the right side. An I have lymph nodes swollen in my neck. So far I had an MRI of the brain which was clear, I've seen 3 ENTs, one of them mentioned that it could be an impacted tooth which I have on the right side but the oral surgeon and my dentist didn't agree on that. AN the 3rd ENT said it could be from GERD. Also my blood markers show elevated markers for Sjogren's but again I've seen 2 rheumatologists who don't think I have autoimmune disease. So I'm here with lots of pain and discomfort plus anxiety of having something scary going on. And everything started from a simple cold sore on my lip, and a little lump like pimple I got on my chin last year.

I'll try the drops you recommended because I'm so fed up with medicine and getting side effects from them.

• Posted

Hi Christine, I busted wanted to share the name of the oil drops. It is made by Banyan Nasaya oil. All organic. I hope you don't have sjogrens. That causes extreme dryness. Do you get extreme dry mouth? Keep humidity very high if you can. Also try some sugar free lozengers to help keep your mouth from getting dry. Also drinks lots of water. I will keep you in my prayers. I too struggle myself everyday in pain,worry and anxiety. Been to millions of doctors, ct scan, mri. Blood tests. I personally I have atypical neaurlgia. And it is not getting better as I get older. That is why the doctors do not see anything. Sometimes I get burning in my mouth, lips and tongue. Also I get a tingling in my earlobe. I guess I will take it day by day. Thanks for listening

John

• Posted

Hi John. You might try Acupuncture? I've heard also that EBV virus can be the reason for so many strange symptoms. It affects the nerves permanently. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.