Very emotional, surgery soon, fingers crossed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am still waiting for surgery on my ovarian cysts (I have four, bilateral, the largest is 19cm at the MRI 14 months ago). I now have a date, in early September and I've had the pre-assessment. I am just really wound up because I have waited SO long (over 3 years). My stomach is now HUGE. I have put on 4 stone in weight with these cysts sad I'm terrified something will happen and they will pull out of the op. I keep spontaneously crying. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

mary

can't imagine but you are close now... with a little luck in another month you'll begin to forget the whole thing and feel like a new person. take lots to read and enjoy the rest x

• Posted

I will try to enjoy the rest lol, I don't usually do much resting, always busy so it will be hard!

• Posted

Sending you love! I know it's really scary, I'm in the throws of it now and Into tears randomly. But when this happens please talk about it, talk about your fears to those near you -- it helps. 🙂 Hang in there! 

• Posted

Yes! The random tears! I think maybe it's the cysts causing it as well as the anxiety.

• Posted

I know it's extremely scary but just hang in there and know that the surgeons will take great care of you. After all - they perform

Numerous surgeries per day! Plus once the cysts are gone, you will feel so much better!! Try to look forward to post-op and don't think so much about the surgery itself. smile

• Posted

Thank you I will try just to think about afterwards, that's good advice! x

• Posted

I really feel for you, I have early sept op and the closet it gets the more anxious I am . After logging in here daily it makes you feel a lot better . The waiting is terrible once we are there that will be the hardest part done. Good luck  xx
    • Posted

I get to go in on the 1st for a repeat of bloods then the surgery is on the 4th. When is yours? I can't wait till it's over!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.