Very Fatigue

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experienced fatigue ? I'm not talking about tiredness fatigue? But a fatigue that comes over you where you just want to close your eyes, eyes get so weak and body goes limp? I had thyroid test done a few weeks ago and did come back low thyroid. Is this a symptom of thyroid or perimenopause? Then I've been having so much anxiety and depression. My body has no strength ..so weak. I haven't had a full night sleep in 3 weeks. I want to feel better but have no control.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, I do. It is terrible. I call it stop and drop. not sleepy either. Rather a full body shutdown, too fatigued to speak sometimes! My thyroid has come back fine. Had my physical the other day and they are checking again. I am being treated for vestibular migraine which caused me fatigue. So, that and hormones fluctuating I assume is my issue. Not as bad as a year ago, but still hits every so often.

• Posted

I believe that's what they call "crashing fatigue".

I get that too.

• Posted

Oh it is the dreadful crashing fatigue! I suffered from it last year. It was awful. Then it got better. Recently I had a bad flu. Recovered from flu but my body balance must have changed that crashing fatigue is back again. It must be to do with all the fluctuations in the hormones. All the best

• Posted

How awful did you have it? Mine is so horrible whereas intakes me cry from feeling so weak and nothing in me. How long did it last?

• Posted

Awww, I know. I think most of my last went with the worse fatigue. It lasted at least a year. There were times in the day, usually in the afternoon I would feel so weak, sleepy, couldn't even talk, my eyes would close. My blood tests were all normal. This year is much better. But as I mentioned earlier on got bad again following flu. I am sorry Mary. I hope your one doesn't last long. Your body may deal with it quicker than mine. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.