Very frustrated BV

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies...I was hoping to come on here with a cure but after being without BV for two months it has come back.  I have had BV for over 3 years.  Have changed gynocologists 3 times tried endless antibiotics which never seem to work and tons of homopathic cures, vitamin c , kefir, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide. This newest Gyno put me on the birth control pill, two different antibiotics at the same time one I was very allergic to and had to stop taking it the other I took for 10 days twice a day.  I take a multivitamin and two different probiotic that I switch between everyother day.  She also had me go on the yeast infection pill while on the antibiotics one every 72 hours so I wouldn't get a yeast infection.  I am washing my body with Dove sensitive unscented body wash and using it everywhere except my vagina which I rinse with warm salt water after my shower and every time I  pee or have a bowel movement.  I truthfully thought the salt water was the cure.     I woke up yesterday spotting because I finished my birth control pills on Saturday and notice a slight odor.  Today is even worse and I am getting really depressed.    Don't get me wrong I am so thankful I had the two months BV free.  I was just hoping and praying it would last

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel you girl! I have been dealing with it for 3 years too...I use powdered boric acid in capsules and it helps if I do it daily for a week and then 2x a week. Its stronger than the health food store premade suppositories. I also just read that problem is that the bacteria hide in a biofilm in the vagina and the mouth and they can hybernate in there  for a long time so we have to destroy the biofilm..This is tricky and I think I need a holistic practioner to guide me through it but lemongrass oil does this so I started putting a few drops in a capsule and then "up there". I also am taking a capsule of it orally...My plan is to do this for a week to destroy biofilm and then get a "chronic infection" dose of antibiotics for a month and some serious probiotics. I have no idea if it will work but I haven't done it yet so I have some hope!

• Posted

I did the boric acid one time but they were in hard suppositories and they contained other ingredience also, they didn't help me at all.  I hope this will cure you.  So much money time and frustration are spent dealing with this.  Best of luck I really hope you beat this.  I find when I wear anything to warm like nylons or fleece pj bottoms it makes it so much worse.  I hardly wear panties anymore and if I do they are cotton and I try to stay away from anything tight or made with polyester.  Please keep me posted on your progress.  Best of luck : ) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.