Very high ESR for 2 years without symptoms or diangonsis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi! Id like some insight from someone on my very strange case. Two years ago, I went in for a routine blood test, where everything was fine except my erythrocyte sedimentation rate ( ESR), which was very high. I am a 24 yo woman without any chronic illness, I feel fit and well and have no symptoms leading to any kind of illness which could cause a high esr. My doctor has sent me to a stomach ultrasound twice, a chest xray, an endoscopy, hematology, and countless blood tests. I also regularly visit my gynecologist and dentist. Everything is normal and I am and feel perfectly healthy. Yesterday I went in for a blood test again and my esr was 97 mm/h, which is extremly high, as 100 mm/h indicates malignant cancers and such. I am very stressed about these results and neither I nor my doctors know what to do anymore. If someone has any insight into this and could help me, I would be extremly grateful! I know thus

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi just wanted to check in and see if you received any answers? Im going through the same thing but with my d dimer not ESR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.