Very high HDL cholesterol and very low LDL levels and alcoholic?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I went for a health screening a few months ago and the doctor marvelled at how amazingly well my cholesterol levels were: my HDL is 144 and LDL is 12 (please refer to attached report).

While it should be good news to most, i'm worried as after googling, it could also mean that there's something wrong with me due to alcoholism? I used to drink heavily, about 4-8 shots of vodka daily from 2015-2016 but have tapered down to drinking half a bottle of wine every night.

I don't exercise, eat fairly well and in small-moderate amounts. I avoid fast food/deep fried/processed foods and eat alot of veggies and lean protein. Don't take sugary food either, apart from 2-3 spoons of sugar for coffee daily, and 1-2 cans of soft drinks a week. 

I'm naturally skinny (both parents are skinnies) standing at 165cm and weighing 41kg (been about the same pretty much all my adult life). Also, if it helps, I'm Asian/Chinese. 

I'm 32 this year and dont smoke. 

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.