Very irregular, please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for my entire life I have had a perfect 28-30 day cycle, with 6 day periods, the 2nd or 3rd day being the most heavy. I then went on the pill in 2013 and never had problems with it. Came off it last 2017 and went straight back to normal periods (lucky me). 

2018 hit, new boyfriend. Decided to get implanon. Between February and July I had about 7-9 urinary tract infections which is unusual, I never really got more than 2 a year that coincided with times of great stress. During the most painful UTI's, I would get a random period even if the last period was less than two weeks ago. This light bleeding would last for 4-5 days, then disappear. During this time i was also pumped with antibiotics which probably messed with my body as well.

I decided to come off the implanon due to the random bleeding, and went back onto the pill. The random bleeding still continued, so I decided to come off it all together and let my body go back to normal before going back on the pill. 

Again, I got a period that lasted 5-6 days but it was very light-medium.

On Saturday I was stupid enough to have unprotected sex, but we got the morning after pill less than 24 hours later.

This is where I'm getting concerned....

Today, two weeks after the last bleeding (again only had light-medium bleeding) I sat down on my bed, and was all of a sudden struck with a bit of a headache and then felt dripping between my legs. It was almost as if something inside me had burst. I could feel it flowing out of my vagina like I was all of a sudden having a really heavy period, and I was!

The dull period pains came shortly after, and a couple of hours later are still going as I havent actually taken anything for them. 

Someone suggested a possible miscarriage, but that cant be possible. My boyfriend and I, despite having the pill and implanon, have been using condoms for the past three months. 

Could this just be my body adjusting back to the normal cycle as I have only been off all contraception (except condoms) since two weeks ago? 

Could it actually be a possible miscarriage? 

I'm a little concerned, all opinions welcome!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! You should see a doctor, it is not urgent but you should have answers by then. Pills really do mess with the body and you should always have the guidance a professional smile if you feel like this is a miscarriage, you could take a home pregnancy test to see if it is positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.