Very irretiable and restless?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

like the title says!!!!.

felt like this a few times before, but today I have had this all day? I don't know why? Or why I'm like this?

does anybody else feel this way?

i carnt concentrate on anything I usually read my kindleBUT I'm still irretiable...restless Bored carnt sit still just feel well not normal not right what is this?

sound s like a crazy women....I'm guessing it's hey another peri symptom??? Anyone know what it is please??. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like lethargy, go out for a gentle walk for about an hour, or, swim it should boost your energy levels, and make sure you drink plenty of water during peri, sip it every ten mins, at least 2ltres per day, see if that helps.

If your fatigued lethargy normally comes with it when your sat by any chance, do you lose your motivation, and have low mood, this isnt depression causing it, your lack of motivation is down to not having the energy, you need to get your energy levesl back up somewhat, if you do that, it should  lift your symptoms and make you feel better, and should prove that its not you causing the depression, or that you have a depressive illness, its due to low energy levels, if you sought it doing what ive said, then build on that but, dont over exert yourself otherwise during peri you will go the other way, and make fatigue debilitating...........good luck! 

• Posted

Hi Elaine I am the same been on hrt for a year But this week l am anxious been on a period so hoping it is because of that .and not going back to the beginning , been to cancelling so doing me breathing exercises hoping it will help ,all so got a few events to go to hoping it will not stop me going

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Also shelly, if you are fatigued, it causes brain fog, and cognitive problems, like memory loss, cant organise thoughts, loss of concentration, and confusion, you wont be able ot hink as quick as you use too, to get things over like you use to, and forget the next thread you wanted to say. when you get these symtpoms if it does come with fatigue, then dont read, watch tv, or go on the computer, because you will make your fatigue worse, build your energy levels up first if you can, clear the mind for at least 15 mins a day, and do breathing exercises to control anxiety, when you have that under control doing that, you will be able to keep doing it when you feel an anxiety attack coming on, if you suffer with them, try swimming as well.
  • Posted

I feel anxious and restless too, it horrible. I've started HRT 3 weeks ago, my doctor said it will give me a feeling of well being. Unfortunately it takes 3 months to get the full effects.

Why don't you go to your doctor and see what be says. He told me its not as risky as one thought. Why not give it a go? If it helps I think it's worth it. I keep thinking I'm going mad. We're not though it's just symptoms that will pass. Take care

Caroline xxx

• Posted

Hi Shelly its just agitation your suffering, it's a very typical symptom of Peri meno, I had it bad last January 2015, had it for a few months.

It's your hormones fluctuating that causes the anxious restless feeling, I could barely sit still and had to pace up and down

I'm on HRT which has helped with the anxiety. However, I've been unfortunate that my balance has been affected and I feel lightheaded, off balance and woozy all the time, I find this the most debilitating symptom of all, I've never had one hot flush, it's weird

Hope this helps, try not to worry about your symptoms they will settle eventually

Hugs

Brenda

• Posted

Hi Shelly I am the same been on hrt for a year but this week I am anxious been on a period hoping it is because of that, and not going back to the beginning .been to cancelling so doing my breathing exercise hoping it will help ,all so got a few events to to hoping it will not stop me going

Take care

Paula

• Posted

I think it is if it's like I had you sort of feel like you need to be doing something or going somewhere although you don't. You know you are free to do what you want, read play a game I used to play scrabble. But you can't keep your mind on what you are trying to do.

I've had it where I've decided it must be my flight or fight response playing up, so on edge and upright, wanting to do something but really feeling to yuk to bother.

• Posted

Hi ladies,Thankyou so much to you all for all the advice and help.......

as I thought another peri symptom!!!!!!!!!!

i drink plenty of water NO caffeine don't like tea,coffee..so I'm ok there....

just well yesterday just felt anxios,irritable, just didn't feel right at all.......

what about vitamins.......would any help with this?

foods?

im only 46,yet I feel like a lot older I'm constinately aching feel as though some days well most days like I have ran a marathon and my body just ache's espicially my neck(when I turn my neck!!!!! Like it just needs a touch of some oil!!)

my legs to ache......if and when I walk up the stairs my knees click feel winded and breathless 

im not overweight, slim build ..

just feel as though I have aged considerably ........x

• Posted

hi shelly

The aching in part can be down to low cortisol, which happens when we produce adrenaline, cortisol keeps our bones supple, so if it drops due to stress symptoms, then we ache.............another thing that could be happneing,  is your calcium dropping, but that normally happens when your post, but try taking calcium supplements, get the one thats combined with vitamin d, as this helps the body absorb the calcium better, or drink plenty of milk, and calcium rich foods during this time, to hoipefully avoid that happening later on.

Given your age like me, you could also be developing osteoarthritis, causes clicking joints, if your developing it in your upper  body you will get pain in your neck when you turn it, and in your neck muscles, shoulder etc, but it can sprout up anywhere where joints have worn from years of use, winter will make it worse, summer should ease it, only treatment for this is, ibuprofen, heat or, cold pads, use your joints when you have no pain, rest joints when you do have pain if you can, if you have it in your fingers, you will notice stiff joints, you also get bone nodules growing on the ends of your fingers below your nail , thats a sign mosts of your cartiledge has gone, and your bone has calcified, this has happened to me in my toes and fingers, when calcification happens pain does stop, if your hands or feet become disjointed as a result of losing cartiledge, then they can operate on joints to straighten them.

Another arthritic problem is Fibroymalgia normally comes with fatigue, this type of arthritis, affects muscles and tendons, not joints, only thing to help this is ibuprofen, or, accupuncture but its temporary affect, swimming helps this, i have this also, to test if you have this, press in your musles and if you get pain especially when your also fatigued, its more than likely it, there are no medical tests for fibromyalgia, but symptoms die down when fatigue goes, and can flare during menopause.

All the breathing problems, is a mix of slow dijestion, and adrenaline rises due to fluctuating hormones, eat little and often try and lie down after eating largemeals, so it goes through better, as dijestion slows and makes us bloat, affecting our breathing because of pressure on the diaphram, stress can also make us breathless, so do breathing relaxing tehniques to help this, there are lots of vitamins you can take, Vit B, omega oils good one, cohosh another one, chamomile tea a lot of ladies take on here, to help them relax, another one mentioned ginger tea to help dijestion, its whatever really works for you

hope some of this helps

• Posted

Yeah I've felt like that. So old and the neck has needed oiling for a few years now.

You could try magnesium and a good quality high dose of b12 try to get methycobalmin and 1000mg lozenges as you get more into your system that was and the body does not have to convert the methycobalmin like it does with the other one (without methyl) in front of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.