Very large fibroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone the last few weeks I have suffered low back pain as posted before I have a 18 cm fibroid and my TAH is on 17th April has anyone else had back pain with fibroids? Just wondered if that is one of the symptoms as it is very painful. X 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes ..all sorts of problems I had..back ache .belly ache .awful low pressure internal on my bowel bladder and when I had sex also ..had a keyhole hysterectomy on the 9th Jan ..best thing I've ever done feel like a new person x
    • Posted

Thanks Denise I am going to the loo about  20 times a day now and every hour or less at night seems to have got worse over the last few weeks though. My bowels arnt working right at all sounds like I'm having a moan. Glad your op went well. X
    • Posted

Hi Jardine, about the bowel problem, i was told to take Movicol, it is about £8 for a box of 20 sachets but after taking only 5 i was feeling good again and so far things seem to be ok. Ask your doctor if it will be ok for you to take. x
    • Posted

Hi Christine I have a GP appointment next week so I will ask for the movicol I have been taking lactose for a couple of weeks now which as helped me. Thanks for your  comment. X
    • Posted

Jardine, the hospital phoned me yesterday to ask if i was ok after my op and asked the usual questions, have you passed water and motions, i told the nurse i had been bloated and had taken the Movicol and she said that was good as the lactose could have made the bloating worse!

It was a chemist that  advised me about the product. x

• Posted

Thank you so much for telling me I have been buying it from the chemist and  have been more bloated didn't think anything I have an appointment on Tuesday I will not take anymore. Xx
  • Posted

Yes I get back pain periodically. Normally accompanied with cramps, pressure and spotting. I never used to know why I was getting all these back aches but I am pretty sure it's the fibroids now. Paracetamol, water bottle and lots of pillows in bed usually help a lot.

Good luck on the 17th, hope it's the end of the back aches and other symptoms and the start of a pain free existence.

• Posted

Hi angel arnt getting any spotting though as I had Mirian coil fitted due to severe bleeding which appears to have stopped now and haven't had a period for a couple of months but I'm still anemic which I hope will get better in time. The lower back pain feels like I'm carrying a sap. Will be glad when it's over as I'm so stressed thanks. X
  • Posted

Have you got a date for an op or is it early days yet x
  • Posted

I had fibroid smaller than yours but had back ache every month for few months before op. Also felt lot of pressure , lots of bloating, bowel problems. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.