very late puberty, Sick of "waiting" 15 years old

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 14 years old, almost 15, and barely hit puberty. I'm 5'0, but my parents are short so that's normal, I guess. But I have been mistaken for a girl twice and was told I look like a 10-year-old by teachers even though I am going to be a sophomore after this summer. I have small Testies, and a small penis, and very little arm pit hair. My voice is high pitch too. I have been going to the gym and lifting routinely but added very little lean mass compared to what a "normal" person would add even though I track all my food and EAT ENOUGH, eating is definitely not my problem here. I want to Get on TRT, but I'm not sure my doctor will let me because I'm expecting a "Wait it out" response from him.  I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis, which is an inflammatory bowel desire, which could apparently affect puberty, so there's that, I guess. I just need a professional's opinion before going to a doctor on what I should do. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a normal sense of smell ? Did you have un-descended testicles when born ? Do you have problems with your hearing or missing teeth ?

At 15 you are still within the age of puberty starting normally, but only just. If you have not started puberty by the time you have reached 15 I would suggest you see an endocrinologist and ask them to check for Kallmann syndrome.

I would not take "wait and see" or "late bloomer" as an excuse for not starting puberty.

At 15 an endocrinologist can start you on low dose testosterone therapy. If you are just "delayed" this can kick start puberty. If you still do not get any testicular growth it could be a sign of a condition called Kallmann syndrome.

• Posted

I was constantly being told to "wait and see" and being dismissed as a "late developer" well into my late teenage years. It was not until I was 23 that I was eventually diagnosed with Kallmann syndrome.

At 15 you are still within the normal age for puberty to start but I would suggest you talk to an endocrinologist, who specialies in hormone disorders, and specifically mention Kallmann syndrome.

It is no fun being the one person in your group who has not started puberty and feeling left behind by everybody else. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.