very low mood 😢

Posted , 7 users are following.

after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia only a month ago after years of troubles i thought i would feel relief at a diagnosis; but i feel so depressed, so sad about the fact that its incurable. i read somewhere a trauma can be the cause of a persons fibromyalgia and i cant help but think if another trauma would snap my body out of it.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Do not despair dear. There are plenty of worse things than having FM. You will learn to cope, to pace yourself and to know your limitations. A great deal has to do with our attitude towards this condition. Most people are struggling with some kind of health issue. So you are not alone by any means. Nutrition, a bit of gentle exercise, lowering your stress by dealing with your negative emotions, and rest are ways to manage this my dear. You are not alone. Try to concentrate on the good things you have in your life. And there are always positive things we can appreciate. Chin up! You will have better days as well. Maggie xx
    • Posted

But it is well worth the effort my girl! One day at a time. xx
    • Posted

wow thanks so much for your reply, its honestly lifted my spirits and I know I need to take control. im honestly so glad there are people to talk to because no one else understands. i used to run 2-3 times a week and i feel i should get back into it to help my mood. thank you for your advice xx
    • Posted

mind over matter i think. ive suffered from severe depression and psychosis in the past and the thought of it returning has me petrified. gp on Monday. I, we cant let this win. its a struggle for definite but only we can change things in ourselves. xx
    • Posted

Only gentle exercise for the most part. But movement is important. I hurt when I climb stairs but I force myself to walk up without favouring my knees or legs. I walk as if I have the strength and surprisingly the strength comes. So be gentle but consistent. That is my philosophy on exercise now. You still reap benefits.
  • Posted

Hi

I am newly diagnosed as well...I thought I was fine for years because I had to keep it together because I had a daughter that was basically bedridden because of dysautonomia/POTS and EDS. The reality was this was brewing and the minute she turned the cornee and got well andoved out...I went down. It all happened over night if seems but the reality is its been there all along.

There are a lot worse things it could be but it is your process and you have to acknowledge it and work towards releasing it. Its okay to have a bad day..its going to happen but know that your not alone and their are plenty of people with lots of advice to help you along the way. On this discussion forum and other places.

You know yourself better than anyone else. Listen to what works for others and decide what works for you.

I'm right there with you feeling low some days. Find your joy...even if its for a few minutes each day.

• Posted

thanks Naomi for all that advice. im so very grateful to talk to people going through this as well. im only worried about my mental state more than anything. as you said i know my own body and mind and my mind is worrying me. i think when i help it i can feel positve about fibromyalgia. at the minute it is winning and my husband and 3 young children are suffering. time to take charge. i hope you are well. sorry to make that whole thing about me there. xx
  • Posted

Hello Roisin,

I'm sorry you are feeling so low, no-one understands about Fibro unless they have it themselves. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I wonder if you have you been referred to a Rheumatologist, they might be able to help in some way, although I personally find that I am much worse if I am under a lot of stress.  Do you have family who could help you. Big gentle hugs x 

• Posted

thanks so much for your reply. ive honestly thought im going to loose my mind recently. ive not been referred yet but i hear there is a lengthy wait. im due to see my gp on Monday so i will be asking and i am definitely willing to go privately because i honestly dont think my emotional state could wait. im so glad to find like minded people through this forum, i hope you are well also xx
  • Posted

Hi roisin,

its rough when we feel so low, as if there is no hope at all, but there IS still life after a fibro diagnosis. You learn that pacing yourself is now part of life, to avail stress as far as possible and to look forward to things, even if it's just has just having a hot chocolate this afternoon. Appreciate the ones you love and enjoy the times you spend together. And maybe find a new hobby that suits you now...such as painting, gaming, reading...whatever you like or want to try...well maybe not snowboarding lol, but lots of things are still in the running for us. It's  just a case of adjusting our lives to suit our bodies. I think the most important thing is to stay positive and its sometimes the hardest thing to do.

i hope you feel a lill better soon 

gentle hugs

• Posted

thank you for your reply. i know i need to be positive its just a bit hard at the min but from the second i wrote on this last night i feel a weight has lifted. i teach art to the older generation and love every minute of it but know that the next day, yesterday, would be awful pain wise and it was. i dont think my tablets, gabapentin are working as well as they should.

ps. gentle hugs are greatly received xx

• Posted

It's good you felt better after writing. You should write more often then 😊

Sounds like a nice thing you do, teaching art, and it's great that you enjoy it.

As far as mess go, I can't help you much a son I've  only been on St Johns Wort (for depression) and ibuprofen. But I recently found that the ibuprofen wasn't working, neither were any other pain killers that I took, so I came off the St Johns Wort just over a week ago to see if it was inhibiting them...and now I'm depressed and in pain 😞 so I'm going to see my doctor next week...that should be fun!

anyway, I hope you have a good weekend and take care 😊

• Posted

sorry to hear you arent feeling emotionally well. i think that is the biggest fight of all and unfortunately it seems to come part and parcel with this disease. i hope your gp can help. i understand the effect it can have on our kids i know my children are suffering too and like you i know that no one belonging to me understands the feeling fibro gives us.xx
  • Posted

Hi

😕 I totally understand and relate to your emotions it's a lot to accept and everyday I say to myself why is this happening to me and how. Somedays I just cry cause the pain is so bad and no one gets me or can help. I'd just get depressed and let everything close in on me but then I know my pain affects my kids and there are sad in this way. They say loose weight Ull feel better I say well I'd love too yet the meds make me heavier is a constant struggle so tdy i joined the gym and I think if we all walk 1 hour a day everyday it's a step to help ourselves the reality is we must move to improve and we have each other for support right here xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.