Very low mood just want to go to sleep and not wake up

Posted , 3 users are following.

If I take diazepam with alcohol will I have a good sleep and forget about things for a while? My mood has still not improved at all might get the report I've been waiting for tomorrow maybe. I just don't want to be here anymore, I just can't make decisions about anything. I just want everything to go away, I'm tired, frightened, lonely, fed up. I  need something to take all this hurt, anguish and pain away.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Good night folks  see you sometime tomorrow.......
  • Posted

I wouldn't recommend mixing the two. I would recommend just taking the diazepam and hoping for the best. Remember what I said to you? You CAN make it, and you WILL make it. I know things seem impossible now but you can get past it. Have your tablet and hopefully a good nights sleep will help you be better prepared for tomorrow xxx
  • Posted

Hi Tina.

I wouldn't mix alcohol with diazepam, but I know me saying that is not very helpful.

There isn't anything much that helps me when I get really low.  I think that I can't go on and there's no point to it all.  I am completely pessimistic and unable to see any light.  I think the world would be better off if I were gone.  It's a struggle to do the basic things.  I feel worthless.

But I know that I think like this because of my illnesses; depression and OCD.

I know the bad effects on my family and friends, the people I love, if I harm myself.

I know I have to keep struggling and fighting.

It's hard Tina, so very hard, but please keep fighting.  You are not alone.

Do you have somebody you can talk to? or the phone number of one of the organizations like the Samaritans?

• Posted

My sensible head has kicked in yet again, I've gone to bed, no diazepam as I've already had the wine. Just maybe tomorrow things might look brighter. Can't be bothered to actually talk to anyone did debate the Samaritans but haven't the energy.
    • Posted

Tina, I hope you get a good rest and tomorrow goes well.

I will look out for your post.

• Posted

Didn't sleep well, postman been and gone, no letter, Dr's secretary message left to ring me, cpn out feel as if everything and everyone is against me so might as well not be here. I want to smash stuff up, I want to I don't know can't think straight anymore just want to destroy mysel. Sorry I'm raging yet again.
    • Posted

Hey Tina

Do you have an outlet for your anger, some way to release it?  If I'm on my own at home I shout and scream and pace.  Otherwise I take a walk outside, head down and go until it lifts.

It's hard to be patient when not well and feel like people aren't supporting and they're messing about. But you have to give them another chance to try and help.

It might not work for you, but I now avoid alcohol completely as it brings me right down the next day, so any benefit I was getting the night before was completely negated. I've cut out a lot caffeine (no more Red Bull) and sugar and chocolate - things that made me feel good for a while, but they don't agree with either my body or mind.

Remember, if you harm yourself it means hurt for another person too!

Keep on!!

• Posted

I'm currently out walking along the canal, not helping much yet, tried the screaming and crying. I just feel so lost abandoned by life, I currently can't see any point anymore. I'm just so tired of keep trying and not getting anywhere so it seems.
    • Posted

It's the worst!  When nothing means anything anymore. The music I used to love, a good tv program, sports, movies and even friends and family; they all mean nothing.

But there is a point to going on. Every time for everyone.  I had a setback last week when my meds were increased again. So progress is always difficult.

I hope your letter comes tomorrow.  Can you chase it up? Tell them the stress you're under.

I hope for good things for you Tina.

John.x

• Posted

Well it's raining now so I'm soaked just to finish me off. Bit calmer might have a message on my answers phone when I get home from the Dr's secretary who my cpn spoke to on Friday. Let's hope. Got appointment with bereavement councillor tomorrow so it looks like she might get the aftermath of the past week. At least she knows me well now and I trust her she has been the only constant for me over the past year. Hope you're affects from your meds is improving, thanks x
    • Posted

Just a wee update, message on answer phone called the secretary, my psychiatrist will be ringing me tomorrow to discuss her report. So let's wait and see.
    • Posted

Good to see that.  I'll check tomorrow for an up-date.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.