Very Nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a fibroid that was 10 cm and had the UFE procedure done and recently went back to the doctor and they told me the fibroid is still 8 cm. I have pain prior to menses thats so bad I have to miss work and the bleeding has led me to be anemic. My doctor is now wanting to do a hysterectomy and I'm so afraid to have a surgery but the pain and bleeding I deal with are unbearable.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The Fibroids do not shrink overnight. its a continuous process. This information should have been explained to you.

• Posted

Oh no so sorry a year is long enough for it to have shrunk. Maybe you can repeat the UFE?

How old are you maybe you're also close to menopause.

Am at 11 months post UFE and have not had a period for the last 2 cycles. My fibroid shrunk completely, while some were expelled after shrinking. Am 50.

Wishing you the best! Please keep us posted.

• Posted

I'm 37 so they said other meds could put me into early menopause or stop bleeding but not shrink the fibroid or stop the pain.

• Posted

There must be an explanation why the fibs haven't shrunk much after a year. Was the procedure dome by an Intervention Radiologist?

• Posted

I just had UFE done in August. they told me 3 to 6 months to see my fibroid shrink and that it would shrink about 30-50%. My fibroid is 14 X 15cm.

• Posted

I had some relief in the beginning but now the symptoms have returned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.