Very Numb Feet

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the past 5 years I have suffered with low back pain.

After various tests, MRI scans etc, I am advised that I have Scoliosis and a trapped nerve in my lower back, this has cause a lot of pain especially when walking and standing.

The pain is across my lower back and down my right leg, plus I have a very numb and tingling right foot.

I have had all sorts of pain killing tablets, injections and surgery, non of which has helped, and I am told that I will just have to live with it, GREAT!!

Biggest worry at the moment is my numb foot, my Doctor has put me on Gabapentin 600mg x 3 times a day but the numbness is so bad that it is coming to the point when I will need to think seriously about giving up driving as I am finding it difficult to actually feel the accelerator pedal.

Any thoughts and suggestions of what I could try to overcome this problem, if I cannot drive it is going to seriously interfere with what I can do and where I can go.

Thanks for reading this far.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.