Very overweight but have taken things in hand

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am a schizophrenic who has to take anti psychotic medication which puts me on tons of weight, also have a bowel complaint which impacts on my depression and since 38, for 20 years I have had weight issues as the build up of my meds over time has increased and I'm now on them for life.

I got to 18 stone last year, managed to lose a stone in three months but piled back on 2 stone as had got into despondant mood again as often happens.  This time I have made a lifestyle change, I have halved my potato intake, cut out high calorie white soft rolls, gone for low calorie yogurts, have less semi skimmed milk in my decafs and herbal teas, have low calorie bread and wraps with salad, fruit, pulses and frozen cooked vegetables, and snack on marmite rice crackers when desparate which are only 28 calories per cracker.

I now go for 25 min walks or alternatively burn 150 calories on my exercise bike, and have religiously kept the calories under 1,500 daily in my diet diary for nearly two weeks now and the good news is I have lost 9 lb in about as many days.

I now consider it to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet and aim to lose 5 stone in a year that being 1 - 2 lb loss per week.

I just wanted to share with you that it can be done if you are determined.  Best wishes, Fiona

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.