Very painful swollen breasts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Every time I ovulate and just before my periods, my breasts get unbearably painful. I used to get this on the pill but have stopped taking that a while back. The pain stopped when I stopped the pill. It came back in the last couple of years though. The pain is getting a lot worse and sometimes I can't even wear a bra. It sometimes feels like a burning feeling and sometimes like my breast is a massive infected cyst! It hurts mainly to the sides and underneath

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and am coming up to an age where I could be getting the perimenopause so I don't know if one or both of those could have an impact. I have also recently started getting a bit of acne again, that is something I haven't struggled with for a while. My periods are very regular, they have been for the last 6 years. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what you think this may be.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you are right...this is all part of the PCOS. Try taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules 1000mg twice a day. Start with one a day and after a week go on to 2 per day,every day.

• Posted

Along with other changes in your body, this hormonal shift can cause your breast ducts and milk glands to become enlarged. It may also result in water retention, which can increase breast swelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.