Very random Gallbladder discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been experiencing right side abdominal discomfort for about 6 months now.  It's always in the same spot - my right side right under my rib cage so I'm convinced it's my gallbladder.  About 5 months ago I was sitting on the couch and suddenly it felt as if I was being stabbed is the spot where the discomfort always was, so I'm convinced I passed a stone.  It lasted about 20 minutes, then got better.  It was tender for a few days but never intense pain after the first 20 minutes.

I've had 2 doctors do scans of my gallbladder and found no signs of gallstones.  1 of the doc's did say that my gallbladder looked a little inflamed, so he put me on antibiotics.  Those seemed to help a little but didn't solve the issue.  All blood tests have come back within normal levels as well.  I've even had a CT scan done and they said that there were no stones and everything looks perfectly healthy.

Does this sounds like a gallbladder problem?  There is never any pain (other than that 1 night) but it's more of an unpleasant discomfort.  My doc is convinced I have an ulcer and wants to go looking for it, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.  Thanks for the advice!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Sounds like your gallbladder is the culprit here. I went threw the same thing. Went to 3 hospitals all told me your numbers are ok. What a joke doctors can be. Little did they know after 2 years of nausea and pain it turned out that gall was causing all the illness i had. Test are not always right.
  • Posted

It could be of course but it may not be as well. Many gallbladder symptoms are shared with other conditions. So testing for other possible conditions makes sense if blood tests and a CT scan are negative. Better to have all the tests you can to eliminate things - in my opinion - than to have gallbladder removal unnecessarily.

Dr Google and I did the self diagnosis thing and I was convinced I knew exactly what was wrong with me and I was totally and completely wrong.

Best Wishes

• Posted

Love Dr Google and yes there is an element of self diagnosis which is wrong I have to say is bed, which is why I came on this site because your sharing what you have been through yourself.  I have been frustrated with Dr's here in UK but i also sympathize with them because of the pressure they are under from Government.

Unfortunately stress and bad of life is making us all ill in different ways especially with recent terror acts.  So yes there are lots of factors which could be causing us all to be ill in different ways but through the same issue.

A lot of what is happening in the society is well organized, companies such as utilities are all at it and a vicious circle of fear and being a pain in the butt, cell phone companies are a big one, we have all been sucked in to "Free Minutes"  and of course broadband and TV and they ALL play us, you think your getting a good deal but in fact its just about money and extraction and of course that human adage the power of mind in believing it???

• Posted

Definitely sounds like a gallstones. That's how I first started a year ago and after a scan it was confirmed it was a stone. Had another 'attack this week, stabbing pain under my ribs and I am still tender and sore. My doctor never told me what to expect so I hope the tenderness goes soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.