Very sad

Posted , 7 users are following.

just that really. I went out after work last night , had too many drinks - hungover and depressed today. my ex took my son to school - feeling like the worst parent ever. Feel so sad.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Try again. Do not despair. Forget the past...if possible. I was totally and utterly down and neglected my family but stopped 6 1/2 years ago....try and try. Regards Robin

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

You need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again.

It's virtually impossible to not have set backs when trying to stop drinking because it's not easy. Focus on all those weeks that you DIDN'T drink. That is such a positive. This is a blip - please don't beat yourself up about it. Yes it will make you feel mad at yourself and yes you are suffering with the consequences BUT start on your not-drinking path again and each time you will get further along that path.

I do feel for you but it's not the end - just a set back. Today is another day - you've proved to yourself that by drinking last night it makes you feel the way you do today.

Recover today, drink lots of water and start again!!

Wishing you lots of strength and encouragement and remember you have done so well in firstly acknowledging that you have a problem and then to stay abstinent for so long. Next time it will be longer. I have faith in you!!

All the best

Claire xx

• Posted

Thank you both. Just want today to end, physically sick and teary. But its done now - just so gutted.

• Posted

Lucy, you might look up The Sinclair Method. It's offered on NHS to help people reduce their drinking to sane levels or you can see a private doctor about it.

• Posted

The C3 Foundation great with The Sinclair Method. Great website and Joanna who is in charge has helped 100s of people😃

• Posted

How was your week?

• Posted

It has been good Robin , thanks. I was still feeling very anxious up until Tuesday, but it did pass. I threw myself into work abit - and have had a relaxing weekend. So my mind is at peace! I hope you all is good with you?

• Posted

Had a great week. A day off Thursday and watched latest quentin tarrantino folm booring..walked out one hour before it ended: once upon a time in hollywood..yesterday my twin girls played a football match and one of them scored 4 goals..just turned nine..great. Keep it up..work sometimes helps..keeps you busy..all the best from Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.