Very Scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

Apologies for the long post. I went out with a girl on date last night. Went back to her place and had unprotected s_x. Urinated couple of times after that but not immediately after s_x though. Didn't notice anything unusual in the urine. Came home and took a nap. After I woke up, when I went to urinate, I noticed strong smell from my urine but the urine was clear though. Took 1 antibiotic tablet for my other medical condition (not related to UTI). Went back to urinate again in another 30 mins, this time the urine was milky white. Googled it and found out might be UTI. Been freaked out ever since. So, i drank lots of water just to check on my urine again, this time the urine color was quite clear. Did it 3 times (Drink & urinate). Clear colored urine all the 3 times and no pain while urinating. Can someone please reply on the questions below:

1) I drank couple of beers last night and had very less water so guessing my body was quite dehydrated. Can dehydration cause milky urine?

2) Could it be the antibiotic tablet (not related to UTI) that I took in between which caused the milky white urine?

3) Incase a person has contracted UTI, is the urine always milky all the time?

4) What's the dead sure give away symptom for UTI?

Appreciate all your kind responses. 

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The best indicator for UTI that I know is a urine dipstick test, which reacts to show there are bacteria in the urine. When I've had a urine infection, the urine has been cloudy (I think this is the white blood cells that have died in the attempt to kill the bacteria). I think the colour is less of an indication of uti and can be explained by the dehydration and drink pattern.

• Posted

Best thing u can do is get yourself checked for uti. Unprotected sex is going to get u one way or another eventually.  Play smart!
  • Posted

1)  Can dehydration cause milky urine?

*** Not as far as I know.  Dehydration would cause dark colored concentrated urine.  ***

2) Could it be the antibiotic tablet (not related to UTI) that I took in between which caused the milky white urine?

*** I do not think so ***

3) Incase a person has contracted UTI, is the urine always milky all the time?

*** Not mine.  The milky-ness is from puss due to infection.   When I had a UTI, if I drank a

lot of water, the urine would be clear in spite of having a UTI.   In my opinion, the urine

should not be white.  It can be clear almost like water, if you drank a lot of water ***

4) What's the dead sure give away symptom for UTI?

*** That's going differ by individual.  For me (and I believe most) it would be urgency, 

frequency with small amounts, and burning towards the end of the stream.  ***

• Posted

Thanks much for the advice. Really appreciate all your responses.

As of now, I don't have the urge to urinate frequently and have no burning sensation towards the end of urine stream. *Touch Wood*. Does anyone have any rough estimates on the duration between the urge to urinate? like every 5, 10 or 15 mins?

I'm currently taking Amoxicillin antibiotic for another medical condition (Not UTI related). 3 more pills to go, completing within next 2 days. So, I'm thinking to complete the current medication and keep myself under observation for next 2 days. Is it a good idea to do that?

Btw, ?I'm a 31 year old guy. Just read online that guys can't get UTI from women via intercourse. Is it true?

• Posted

Just to add - when I first had a UTI, I was given an antibiotic that had no effect. Once the urine sample had been analysed at the laboratory, the right antibiotic was prescribed and took a week to have full effect. Some bugs are resistant. I hope you on't think that because you are taking an antibiotic for one thing that you are also treating your UTI !

• Posted

What Pepasan just wrote is true.   You would need a urine culture done to determine which antibiotic is sensitive to the bacteria causing your UTI.  I've had a lot of cultures done, and Amoxillin has never been an antibiotic sensitive to E-coli.  It is, however, sensitive to some of the other more uncommon UTI bacteria.

Not being a guy, I haven't researched how they get UTI's.  I would wager a 'guess' that it isn't common to get them from intercourse.   I also don't think that you would have gotten UTI symptoms (the milky urine) as quickly as within a few hours after contracting a UTI from intercourse.  

• Posted

Kevz - why write to a forum instead of going to your doctor? 

Why have unprotected sex with a girl you just met?  If either of you do this often one of you will surely get an STD sooner or later!

As Fern says, play smart.  Your 31 and can read!  It's maybe harder for guys to acquire a UTI but it's not impossible.  Perhaps you also read girls can't get pregnant on a first date?!  Grow up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.