very scared of brain tumor.. constant headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.. i am very scared i might have a brain tumor.. i get random headaches.. i suffer from panic attacks as well as bad anxiety.. i just got a physical everything came back fine but ive been getting random headaches.. i went to my dr and told her about them but she said she didnt see anythinf abnormal nor did she think i had one.. she said they are rare and might be due to lack of sleep since i have a small daughter whom i adore but she wakes up throughout the night so i havent had a good sleep in 9 months.. im seeing a psychiatrist and prescribed prozac but its side effects were horrible so i had to stop.. i take ativan only as needed .. i know its a bad drug so i only take it when i get a panic attack.. my dr ordered an mri but was denied by insuranxe due to not enough evidence.. i was referred to a neurologist who got it approved.. he said hes sure i dont have anything but will order it for my reassurance.. i will get it done in a few days and i am paranoid about what the outcome will be.. i am very weak minded i dont think i would be able hear bad news.. i am hypocondriac im constanlty on Dr.Google.. everyone tells me to stop googling stuff but i cant help it..ive been to the e.r. and urgent care couple times but they all tell me its anxiety and panic.. i got a ekg which came back fine.. but i am very scared of having something wrong in my brain.. this literally disables me to the point i cant function... i wish i could be normal again.. i feel brain fog.. direalization.. thingling.. chest pain.. headaches..and nausea..i am just tired of feeling thia way..please help!!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Melissa

I gather you must live in the USA.

You need to take the medications as directed by your doctor. That is an important part of your treatment.

You are having tests to give clarity and show there is nothing wrong, wait for your results and if all clear you need to trust on these results.

If you feel that you are lacking in sleep because of the young one, this is generally the same problem many families have, discuss your concerns with your GP.

We are always around to help

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob.. yes I totally agree with you.. hopefully if all comes good with the mri i will have more peace of mind and maybe that will help me relax.. my psychiatrist took me off prozac and said we would try something different in a month.. thanks for youre kind advice i greatly appreciate it!
  • Posted

Hello Melissa

All the negative symptoms you are describing can result from the presription medications you are taking.....adverse reactions as you feel are well known and extensively documented.  Do more research and you will find out. Ask your doctor to help you find alternative solutions other than drugs to help you thru your problem.  Drugs do not cure the basic underlying probelm and much of the time can even exacerbate those feelings.  I know this. My own experience of being on Paxil for 15 years has shown me this....I have been off of them for 5 years and glad i did it....but I had still been battling with other medication problems that another Dr. put me on.  was diagnosed with RLS and anxiety  and my neurologist put me on Gabapentin, Klonoping...(I was also taking ambien to help with sleep-- on my own )  So after being on 3 different meds for 5 years.....started having terrible adverse effects (just like you are having)..........I even thought I was having a brain tumor !  I quite taking ambien 2 months ago......and started tapering off the Gabapentin and Klonopin 5 weeks ago......going very very slowly......Im gaining back my self,  sanity, emotions,  I'm starting to feel "normal" again.........I hope you can come to that place......it's going to take some work to get there........I'm still detoxing and have a ways to go  but now I have hope............hopefully in my case I will be completely off any meds in about 2 months..........smile    

I m going to send you a private message with a web link that may help you tremendously........it really helped me......GOOD LUCK

• Posted

Thanks Jim.. Ive always tried to go natural.. im taking magnesium..B vitamins.. passionflower.. valerian.. anything that helps for anxiety.. teas.. but it seems like its too much that those wont work.. dr prescribed ambien but after reading all the horrible side effects im trying to avoid it.. i currently break a tablet of benadryl in half and that helps me sleep thru the night..i was on prozac only for three weeks.. dont know if its enough to cause withdrawls..but while on prozac i had horrible nausea.. anxiety much worst.. felt like a zombie and everything seemed unreal... i felt dizzy because i couldnt eat..i really want to avoid antidepressants and try to go all natural.. but i loose hope thinking i wont get better without meds.. specially since i feel so week minded
    • Posted

You CAN  get better without meds.  Go to the link I provided and start doing it.   I'm hoping for a good report from you after a while that you have been successful and getting your life back   : )

• Posted

I will.. i need to educate myself on he meds im putting in my body
  • Posted

If you've any signs of a brain tumor or brain abnormality you'd be able to tell due to the fact the first thing that usually tends to happen vision becomes impaired and so does body function. 

You need to relax. With all the tests that have been done on your brain and considering you live in the U.S.A and the tests that are down there are very thorough and conclusive then there is a high chance and probability it will come down to stress. Taking Benzo is a risky business being scared over nothing, stay away from the psychiatrists unless you have some sort of mood disorder. 

I know this sounds blunt but I don't want you to go down the path of ending getting addicted to a benzodiazepine, going through a withdrawal and being put on some anti-depressant to deal with something you never had to deal with it's a vicious cycle. My case ending point is this, you are fine. Relax.

• Posted

Thanks Matthew.. I feel better now.. but they havent really done any tests to my brain yet.. my appt for the MRI is in a couple days.. im just praying everything comes back normal..thanks you did make me feel better..
    • Posted

Matthew I do try to stay away from ativan and only take it as needed because im aware of the withdrawals and I know its bad for your body.. it wouldnt be such a controlled and abused substance if it werent.. Ive been trying to control my panic attacks with deep breathing without reaching into my purse for one.. I hadnt dealt with anxiety in years perhaps 6 years but unfortunately it returned and worst.. I take a lot of herbal supplements to try to stay away from drugs.. but I hope once i get me sleep pattern back it will go away since i feel thats what triggered it.. I do pray a lot which I feel has helped me tremendously..
  • Posted

ive been terrified of a brain tumor every single day for the past 18 months... your symptoms i would bet a million dollars are all symptoms of physical anxiety. the thought of getting a brain MRi is too terrifying to me... the only evidence against it is time... and my eyes dilate normally to light. if a doctor looked in your eyes and there was nothing abnormal its highly unlikely you have a BT for it would enlarge the optic discs behind your eyes. 
    • Posted

Hi Samantha..so I just got an MRI about 2 weeks ago and just like you I was extremely scared and nervous of being inside a tube.. but my fear of having a brain tumor was more so I felt i really needed to get it done in order to find out if I had anything going on.. its not bad at all.. if its just a brain scan your whole body is not inside the tube..also there are places that offer open mris.. unfortunately that was not an option for me.. i was way more scared of the results than the test itself but thank god everything came back normal .. by knowing that everything is fine my anxiety has improved and I feel a whole lot better.. as I was constantly trying to relate every little symptom I had to a brain tumor.. now I know its all mental and all part of my anxiety.. if youre really concerned of having a brain tumor i suggest you get a scan so you can have peace of mind.. 20 minutes is nothing compared to months of misery thinking somethings wrong with you.. good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Two weeks ago I started getting a really bad headache, I've been feeling really dizzy and throwing up! When my headache started I felt my forehead really numb I was scared so I told my parents and they took me to the ER, they told me I had a sinus infection I been taking pills they gave me for the infection but I feel like they do not work at all. I'm really scared! I been getting back head pains too and neck pains everyday, and my temples keep throbbing non stop I don't know if it's just stress or if I really have a brain tumor?! I'm only 17!

I sleep with my phone everyday close to my head and I found out they might give you brain tumors is that true??!!

• Posted

Hi melissa i have been dealing with all you have as well. Ive had bad anxiety for my whole life im 17. Can do all the things i usually do just feeling out of it and tired and bad headaches. I am have balloon dialition surgery for my sinuses in two weeks so i think it may be causing this. i search google a lot which i shouldnt and im just scared i dont know what to do. my eyes cant seem to focus and i have bad anxiety. i can do all my usual functions but driving is kinda weird because my eyes hurt and dont seem to focus. Any advice or response would be helpful thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.