Very serious problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am 25 years old male. 5 years ago I started to have a need to urinate frequently. And then when I was 22 I started to have a burning sensation accompanied with the frequent urination. And now the problem has developed and now when I urinate the burning sensation is horrible and the urine flow is very slow with hesitation. This condition becomes more sever after ejaculation but during ejaculation I feel no pain. When I press on the area below my testicles I feel pain with burning sensation. I did all tests necessary to check if I have prostrate enlargement but my Urologist says that everything is fine and my prostate size is small and normal. I also did a bacteria test to check for infections and everything is ok. I was on medications for 3 months. I was prescribed Vesomni 6mg and that didn't work. So, I really don't know what to do now!?

If anyone have suggestions please help!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Well, Amed your Urolgist can't just drop you!  At your age, with a normal size prostate there's obviously something else going on there.   If he/she won't help you find another urologist. This is not a job for a General Practioner, a urologist is definitely needed here, a good one.  Demand help, it could get worse. When you find a solution let your fellow sufferers know what took place. Best of luck to you!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      That sounds like good advice, an internist handles a lot more problems than a Urologist. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how quickly an internist gets a handle on your problem. Remember to keep us advised of the solution. And again, best of luck.    ,
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    Your symptoms could also be caused by a bladder problem such as bladder stones or a tight bladder neck, or bladder spasms. Usually tamsulosin (which was part of your medication formula) would relieve the problem unless the problem is more severe which it sounds like yours may be. You didn't say what tests the urologist performed. Were you examined with a cystoscope and a sonogram to get a visual inspection from inside and outside the prostate and bladder, and to also see if you are retaining more than 150 ml of urine after you void? Are you on any sort of unusual diet that might be causing pain during urination? You can get 10 parameter urine strips quite cheaply and check your own urine for infection, blood, and ph, which might put your mind at ease on those counts.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up