Very severe depression and anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i hope there is someone in the same boat as me because right now i am feeling so alone .3 months ago i started with severe anxiety and depression the physical symptoms are ...a pulsating in the back of my head ..i wake on only having 5 hours a night with a violent internal shaking and tremor my head and face feel numb my emotions have gone and i get burning sensation in my arms and top half of my body with sweats

.i feel suicidal nearly every single day i get all these different sensations in my body and i just get the urge to do something stupid the mental symptoms...i am scared this illness will kill me anyway i am feeling very insecure and carnt bare to be alone. But this is happening every day for most of the day .the doctor's have run out of ideas as ive had 4 lots of antidepressants and 3 lpts of anti anxiety meds and they have no change in my condition. Ive been referred for a mental heath assessment with a phychirtrist. I am so very scared i will never ever feel better or even normal ever again .im convinced i am either going to die or end up in a mental home..im so scared...please help or advice xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi marie51035

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hey Marie :

You are not alone . I suffered from severe anxiety and depression too . It’s horrendous! How long have you been on antidepressant? They need time to kick in. 

I myself tried a lot of meds too and seen a lot of doctors. Best in mind that you won’t die from anxiety and it shall pass. It just wanted to trick you. Take care dear . PM me if you need someone to talk to . 

• Posted

Hi and thankyou for your reply

Since this started i have tried citarlipram mertazipine sertraline and im currently on amitriptyline 50mg since the beginning of july and no improvement infact i feel worse if anything .allso ive had 3 lots of anti anxiety meds ...promizine bursproine and proponolol and these have no effect either. I am actually paralysed i carnt concentrate to do anything i am even struggling to talk ....i just hope that when i go to see my phychirtrist he can actually give me something that is going to help me

• Posted

I tried Sertraline before but it didn’t work for me. I am on propananol for racing heart and quetapine for sleep. I am taking benzodiazepines for my anxiety . I hope you get well soon. You are not alone ! I struggled for 17 years and I am still alive! 
  • Posted

Hiya sorry you feel so bad. I do too and I know exactly how you feel. Extreme anxiety has such physical symptoms as you literally have adrenaline surging through your system . 

I have had times when I have had to lie in bed  for hours because of the overwhelming feeling of anxiety just puts my body in a frozen mode and I just can't function . And terrible headaches and head pains. 

Medications will take time to work . Months sometimes. So it is hard to say whether they are working for you yet. But if you feel they are not working ... then with the support of your doctor keep trying different medicines and different doses. It can be a long process to find what helps you. 

I was prescribed a lot of different anti depressants . But one I found helped was citalopram as it does seem to calm me down . 

natural herbs can really help. I took calming tablets from Tesco (valerian etc same ingredients as kalms brand tablets ). I felt the two on top of each other really made me feel a bit better.  But you have to be VERY careful. 

The one thing that has made a big difference that I would recommend you start TODAY is meditation . Find some soothing music off YouTube close your eyes relax and meditate. Even 10 minutes . But longer is better. Meditation is proven to calm the brain .

Also excercise especially strenuous exercise like cardio . But any exercise will help. 

Don't give up.. you are going through a bad patch but things WILL improve .

Another thing that really has been a turning point for me is turning to prayer and god. I am not trying to force religion on you but there is a very powerful healing energy in the power of god . believe in it . You may start to feel saved . 

• Posted

Hi Marie, please don’t feel alone. I’m on the same boat you are and reading this it gave me so much comfort. I’ve felt like this too for awhile actually the past 7 months. One day i woke up and it’s like my emotions went numb and i have no clue why. It causes me extreme anxiety and i had several panic attacks afterwards  because i didn’t know what was wrong with me or if i would feel like this forever. I try my hardest to not think like that because if this thing just came out of nowhere then it has to be able to go away sometime right? That it’s not made to last forever. I have intrusive thoughts a lot and i never cave in and do something stupid because before all this i knew who i was and that was something i would never do. And i still believe that even though i may not feel a certain way because of how my mind is making me think i feel. I have recently scheduled a therapy appointment in hope that it will help me and i suggest you do too, don’t battle this yourself. You are strong and you are brave believe that you will become better and stay as positive as you can 
    • Posted

I’m sorry you did say you went to someone. just keep trying ❤️ It sucks right now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel
  • Posted

Have you tried outpatient therapy? Sometimes that works..along with taking meds as you can vent with people on the same page as you are. You don't have to stay there, but go for things like group therapy, etc. Most of the time the counselor's are absolutely amazing!! In addition, you may end up meeting many friends that are on the same page as you are. smile

Please don't think about hurting yourself as you sound like a wonderful person!!

Sending many hugs and God Bless. <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.