Very sharp abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Lately I've been having a lot of really bad abdominal pain. The onset is very sudden and I have found myself in the ER because it got severe. It has been a week now and the pain has not gone away. Again it is very severe and I'm unsure if I should possibly try a different hospital and the last one hasn't done anything to really help me. I'm having extreme nausea with it and have taken 8mg of Zofran but to no relief. The pain has been going on for a couple of hours now with no sign of it letting up, I've started becoming really shaking and earlier before it came on I had been feeling very dizzy.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi SerenitFaye

When you say'abdominal pain' where exactly?

• Posted

In lower/pelvic area is where it ended up. I actually went in and turned out I have a ruptured cyst. Though I do also get sharp pain in my upper abdomin as well starting on the right side. Will get that checked out when I see my gastro.
  • Posted

Do you have change of bowel habit?
    • Posted

yes, a very sudden one as well though I could be from my medication for the ulcer I have. I used to go several times a day every day and then suddenly I can't make myself go anymore. Took stool softeners, so far I only went 2 times one day and then 1 time the next and then it seems to have stopped again. Took some Milk of Magnesia to see if it works.

• Posted

8 of zofran is not much. Did they work you up? Any labs, etc? Do you have a regular doc? They tend to overlook patients without an advocate with them or regular doc. Please return f your pain continues and ask them to work up abdominal pain. They see so many people, we have become like cattle. You must be your own advocate! It is sad but true. I was going to be put on hospice for a frozen abdomen(adhesions from surgery filled my abdomen and nothing could move)My son found me help in Germany for less money and better care. I know this sounds crazy but please value yourself enough to fight. Hopefully, someone will go with you as you get better care when someone is with you as well(again just a sad fact of the number of patients and the system) It is a job to them and after a while people are just numbers, as so many to treat currently!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.