Very slight spotting after sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ladies,

I'm after abit of reassurance, so tues night I had sex with my husband and after when I went to the toilet and wiped I had 2 very thin streaks of blood, I have been with the same partner for 30 years, always had normal regular smears, my next ones due in may, I have a cervical erosion and was diagnosed with a submucosal fibroid 2 years ago due to some abnormal bleeding, I'm 46, have never smoked and have 2 grown up children, I also have a history of health anxiety and ocd.

this latest episode has freaked me out I'm convinced I have full blown cervical cancer and it's now made me scared to go for my next smear.

is it possible to develope cc in 3 years, I'm also worried that I may have got false negatives and it's been missed someone please talk some sense into me.

many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sherry, please dont start worrying. For a start ,if you are that worried do go and have your smear early. If your last smear was clear it is unlikely to be cancer . Your cervical erosion,your fibroid and your age could all be factors in this slight bleed. Lots of women get a streak like that but if its once only you are probably fine. If you continue to bleed or get pelvic pain then do go to your doctor.

• Posted

thank you so much I always blow everything out of proportion, I think I have thought I've had a total of about 4 different cancers since Nov, crazy I know I'm so sick of my life being ruined by my obsessive thoughts o cant go on like this, I really need therapy, I'm scared of every symptom, test etc.

I need to take control xxx

• Posted

Sherry, do talk to your doctor about your anxieties. As you say, you may need some talking therapy to help you.

• Posted

I know my health anxiety sometimes get way out of control I constantly think I have cancer, since xmas it's been breast cervical bowel and I even thought I had cancer of the sternum lol,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.