Very sore nipple and breast

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys - so for the past 5 days my right nipple has been very very sensitive and sore and over time the pain has gotten worse where if I catch it or touch it it will hurt like crazy - even when clothing is touching it begins to feel sore and uncomfortable, it also throbs sometimes. 

My other nipple (which is pierced, don’t know if it may be relevant to the situation) has not been having pain at all and has been acting normal.  My right breast has also been hurting but I get confused whether that could be growing pains or if it’s linked to the pain in my nipple however the pain in my breast is not as bad an frequent as the pain in my nipple. I googled it and the first diagnosis that came up was breast cancer - I’m only 18 years of age and only my grandma has had breast cancer - should I go see a gp about this potential diagnosis? Thank you smile 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's always a good idea to be examined by a doctor. However, this is most likely not cancer. Breast cancer is not usually associated with pain. Women usually find a painless lump. The reason that breast cancer always comes up first on Google searches is because there are a hundred million articles on breast cancer, and there aren't many articles on the little more likely things that cause pain and irritation. 

Give it a few days and try not to think or worry about it. If it doesn't get better, see your doctor. But I certainly wouldn't worry about breast cancer.

• Posted

Thank you for replying and your reassurance - I’m going to get checked up by a doctor as I’ve had this problem for 5 days as it doesn’t seem it dimming down a bit. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.