Very sore numb swollen tummy 4 months on

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Is it normal to still have a swollen, numb and pretty sore (stinging) tummy 4 months after a TAH and BSO.

Have also been sick tonight for first time since before operation on 22nd April.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't think the being sick would be anything to do with the operation, Susie.

As to the swollen belly, I have read on here that it can last for a few months. The numbness is where they upset the nerves when they cut through your tummy.

Hope someone with actual experience can swing by and help you out. I am only 5 weeks on, and still numb and sore. x

• Posted

Hi Susie. My op was same as you but done on 1st April. 

Yes the tummy swelling I think can go on for over 6 months. The numbness I think will last for years. I occasionally have stinging but not often. 

The sickness however seems strange. I don't think connected to your op. Are you on hrt?  

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Susie

I had an TAH back in 2004 .. I have to agree with Poppy 49 it takes many years fo the body to heal.  Your suture line hopefully has healed by now.. Make sure you don't have a temperature.. If so check with your GP.. You will have internal stitches as well which will take at a year to heal internally. The stitch site will feel numb for several years and discolour.. It's taken me 10 yrs to get back to my self again although I now suffer anxiety which I didn't before... I was put on tibalone for 6 yrs post op to get me through the Menopause. Best thing I ever did I have to say.. 

• Posted

Hi Susie. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy on the 19th May this year. I haven't felt sick or been sick since the op. The numbness I had for a few weeks and it felt like I had a large urnia above the scar but that as now gone. My surgeon said it would take up to 12 months for the swelling to go down. I have days when I look 7 months pregnant and days where my tummy is completely flat. It takes some a longer period of weeks and months to recover. I returned to work after 5 and half weeks off and felt great. I have really bad hot flushes but even though I'm 45 I am unable to have hrt due to the history of breast cancer in my family. I would see your GP with regards to being sick. Hope you feel better soon. Karen xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.