Very Specific Symptoms - Has anyone got any idea of the potential Cause ??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all

would really appreciate any feedback on the following with suggestions and explanation of of potential cause(s) and ideas of treatment.

I have constant pulsatile tinnitus caused by the use of an otovent device 13 months ago. The tinnitus started immediately after use of the device and has not stopped since

Immediately following the use of the device my hearing dropped considerably (and has stayed at the same level)

in the mornings and through the night swallowing causes an increased loudness in the tinnitus

the Valsalva manoeuvre causes an increase in loudness of the tinnitus

bending forwards increases symptom severity

pulling ear lobe increases tinnitus

On travelling uphill (in a car on relatively gentle slopes) the ear always feels more blocked, swallowing becomes painful. These problems are associated with a slight DECREASE in pressure which seem at odds with a typical eustachian tube dysfunction which I understand causes problems on descent (increase of pressure)

On driving downhill the problems always recede

Same problems on walking up a steep hill

Same problems lying horizontally (on my front or back)

every morning- issues are worse

Pops and crackle sounds when opening mouth and yawning .

Diagnosed with acid reflux

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.