Very strange feelings.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all! I am 25 and had some heavy bouts of drinking in my past while working at pubs and such. Thankfully I have finally limited it down to once a week and that's it. Granted that once a week has been happened everyweek for sometime. It seems as of now, every time I go out the past few weekends. After my first or second drink I feel very off, almost like a dream. Very spacey and almost on edge. Seems like I have a hard time concentrating. Like a low blood sugar feeling. But, when I get to the 3rd, 4th drink. Etc. I feel clear headed again and right as rain. I do have aniexty and working a lot more. Could that be the issue or could it be a more serious issue? Thanks all!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't think I've heard that one before. Are you taking any meds? 

I wonder if your pancreas is blasting out insulin and locking up all the carbos, then your brain feels starved. That's just a shot in the dark.

Might be a good thing to run it by a doc, they might be able to figure it out right away. If your pancreas is getting torqued out of shape you may want to hang it up for a while. 

• Posted

Hi - I think you should see your doctor and get a medical opinion. It could be anxiety but it's not really possible to tell online!!

Come back to us if you need more support.  Good luck     love Tess

• Posted

Maybe the effect of the booze after a week without it, and then after a couple your body gets used to it again
  • Posted

it is more likely the proteins which process alcohol into ethanol that give you the woozy effect i.e. ADH and ADHL I think
  • Posted

Drinking affects  your sugar.

So the Dr. would not be able to evaluate you unless you had a period of time like a month stopped.  AT LEAST that is what I was told...because when I stopped drinking I felt my sugar fluctuating.

As far as feeling better after 3-4.....that is probably because your sugar level is raised....by then.

I know like someone said below our pancreas regulates the sugar...and when we drink our pancreas is working harder...so it sounds like it is defiently related.

Also, if there are sugar problems (Diabetes) in your family you would be more prone to having sugar related complications sad

• Posted

Hi GF..All replies done are very good and better than I could have thought of. Diabetes or sugar problem sounds logical to me..best of luck. Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.