very strange symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 43 yr old female, suffered sciatica from suspected bulging disc for maybe 3 yrs. I had a nerve block injection maybe 14 months ago which was initially helpful. I cant take anti inflam meds as stomach flares up. I have recently started suffering worse in left leg and its now radiating to front of my leg in waves, never below the knee. I have rectal pain as well now, and this comes as a stabbing pain again in waves. I have slight water work incontanance which has appeared to get a little worse when I get the rectum pain, like I said, odd symptoms. Anyone with any ideas whether to visit doc with these new symptoms or anyone had the same?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I personally would visit my GP with these new symptoms. Anything to do with bladder or bowel problems needs to be flagged up with GP as your bulging disc(posterior?) disc

may have worsened.

• Posted

I have had quite similar problems i.e rectum pain e.t.c and have recently found out I have wear and tear at the base of my spine.At times I have chronic pain and can barely can get up or from a sitting position.

I have had a bad accident an broke c7 in my neck and had decompression of my left shoulder.I have had numerous injuries and have continual shoulder pain.I also recently was diagnosed with a hernia in groin.

• Posted

Hi there

I have had beach problems for years but then October 2012 it got a whole lot worse and it was constantly painful to walk. One Monday morning I got up and couldn't feel my feet that apparently was the start of my acute sciatica. After not being able to walk and being in wheelchair to go for hospital appts I eventually saw a consultant and was booked in for a DISCETOMY which I had on April 17 this yr. unfortunately although I can walk now it is not without severe pain and also problems in the toilet dept. I can feel like I need to go but then only a lil trickle comes out then it stops and then starts again so it takes me ages some times. Also I find my pain relief and Naproxen give me constipation so again this makes back pain worse. To be honest they always say to go to GP about toilet problems but they never seem that bothered when Ives told them about this.

As of yesterday I have now discovered I have a cyst and large area of inflammation near site of removed disc and I have been put on a new thing, antibiotics for 3 mths straight as apparently I could hav an infection!

We will c if things improve. I would definitely go to the docs if I were you , hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.