Very tired and very much pain 3 1/2 weeks of L.P

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post L.P.

I was doing ok after 2 weeks , but this past week and a half I've had so much pain in my spine and so so very tired (almost slept for 24hrs) I had a L.P because I have three brain Anyusumes and past out, they thought I had a brain bleed they couldn't see, so to me the taking of extra fluid was a relief short lived.

No I can't even walk my dog without pain and wanting to go back to sleep....anyone experience this??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a LP last September. I was very fatigued for a couple of weeks. It takes time! I also had a general feeling of being ill for 2-3 weeks. I drank a lot of water, ate as healthy as possible and rested as much as I could in between work and family. I hope you feel better soon! Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you very much.

Today I went to the hospital because I was losing feeling in toes and it turns out I have a hematoma pressing on the nerves and cutting off circulation , I had it drained this morning and feel so much better....so anyone out there reading this follow your gut when your body tells you something is not right!!

• Posted

Yes, definitely follow your instincts when something doesn't feel right! Glad you got some answers. I forgot to mention that I also had a blood patch done and went to the ER 4 times within those couple of weeks due to the pain. It was an experience I never want to go through again. Prayers for quick healing for you and others who are suffering! Take care!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.