Posted , 4 users are following.
I am a 17 year old girl who has been experiencing very uncomfortable headaches for the past two to three months. After doing some research I believe they are tension headaches but am not completely sure and would really love some advice on how to relieve these headaches in the short term and prevent them in the long term.
So here are some of the things I have been experiencing...
- Very uncomfortable feeling near the occipital lobe, frontal lobe and around the sides, feels very tight and like a band squeezing my head.
- Pain occasionally continues down the side of my face.
- The headaches may be super bad for one week then be only mild another week.
- They do not stop me from sleeping.
- Pain sometimes gets worse when I look at screens but other times the screens can provide a good distraction from the headache.
The headaches do not stop me from doing physical activity or continuing with my academic goals although they are very uncomfortable and do stop me from reaching my full potential. I do not get stressed about my school work (although I am a high achiever), but I have been experiencing anxiety about my headaches. Does this anxiety make the headaches worse? Are there any particular ways I can deal with it?
Also not sure if these are important as well...
- Two months ago had a swollen lymph node near the ear but swelling has since faded.
- My head gets very hot during the day and heats up.
- If I place a hand to the side of my head I can feel very distinguishable pounding of blood.
I love reading and doing my best and these headaches are stopping me from enjoying these things, as well as participating fully in social and academic actives. If you do have any tips or have experienced these types of headaches before, please provide some relief techniques or the reasons why these headaches are occurring.
Thank you so much for your help!
0 likes, 15 replies