Very unsure about starting infliximab but out of options

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone on infliximab and can you please tell me how you've been and how it feels. Have you had any side effects?

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara,

I've been on inflixamab In the past but unfortunately after the forth infusion I had produced anti-bodies and it wasn't working.

When I was on it I just felt tired a few days after but no major side effects and maybe a bit nauseous . I also had a course of Budesonide (steriods) but this didn't work either.

The consultant also put me on Methotrexate about 2 months later as I hadn't been on it and he said it would boost the effect of the inflixamab, however this was the worst medication I have been on the side effects were just horrendous - tired all the time, nauseous, no appetite and diarrhoea for 2 days, funny enough it was stools and not Just blood. So maybe there was something in it that was working but after 2 weeks i was told to stop as my white bloods were raised and then put back on at a lower dose.

My consultant did give me one more option after this VEDOLIZUMAB but after 9 months I had just had enough of bleeding, not eating, not being able to go out, being on several different medications..... .....and so opted for an ileostomy and it's the best thing I've done. I asked a lot of questions and spoke to a lot of people.

Give it a go and see what happens, I know it's worked for some and you always have the option to go with the other infusion I mentioned and it also may be worth asking about other things you can take with it that will help boost the inflixamab.

Hope things work out.

Sx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

im sorry that it didn't work for you, but I'm glad you have your life back now with the ileostomy.

I'm hoping it will work and the side effects aren't too bad. 

Not had much look really lol

• Posted

Hi Sara - yes, I had Infliximab but it just didn't work. I was told it works for 7/10 but, unfortunately, not for me. Good luck with your treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.