Very weird neurological symptoms and I am scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been having these symptoms for over 4 years now I think, I actually did talk to neurologist back in 2017 but I had hard time explaining my symptoms because I didn’t know what was happening to my body all I know was I was sick. I didn’t wanna think about it because my MRI of brain and cervical spine looked normal but it’s gotten to the point where I have to talk about this because this is affecting my life and my anxieties. I get an extreme muscle pressure, twitches sometimes , Extreme urge to move my muscles, it’s as if it wants to move naturally while it’s suppose to be resting. i have to have my mouth open because if i close it i can feel the pressure inside my mouth face etc teeth hand chattering happens naturally but I can control it when I am conscious and aware of it it feels weird controlling them because chattering wants to happen naturally. I am always fatigued maybe because of that. My hands and legs are always in a weird position naturally curled up and fingers curled inwards , always find my legs crossed one top of another while in bed and hands on my chest head some unusual spots naturally. Like I get too tired to hold up my phone while in bed instead place hand on bed instead of lifting it up so my muscles are not in use. i can feel the little cracking sensations while trying to stretch my fingers straight. I don’t know if the term is called spasticity because I am pretty flexible and when I am conscious I can control it and place it anywhere and function like any normal person. I guess that’s what you call muscle weakness but I can do normal activities like before eat speak and sleep sideways. I have shortness of breath also, it feels like as if I have to force myself to breath, like it doesn’t work naturally, If I lay flat and try to take a deep breath it feels like my whole chest is going to collapse even though I don’t have any heart lungs problems therefore I sleep sideways hands on my chest. Lot of these symptoms looks like there’s a problem in muscle or nerves. And I am scared it could be ALS. I can function like normal person right now but I am afraid someday that I won’t be able control these weird muscle movements.

I want to say that these symptoms started in mid 2017 roughly been 4 years. i am going to be 23 years old this august. It started as a discomfort in a chest, unable to sleep flat because of the heavy pressure on my chest, i had done 3 x-rays so far and endoscopy( 2017) Ecgs and numerous blood test regarding the symptoms i was having, everything came out normal, except the recent x ray i did, i had covid pneumonia besides everything was normal. its been about 3 months since the last xray i did. And something elevated in kidney since the doctor wasn’t too worried about it I am fine I guess. Regarding the endoscopy i am sure the doctor said everything was normal but i had the h pylori virus but never took the medicine for.

Little in-depth explanation of what I meant by extreme urge to move my muscle This is where it gets tricky, After the first xray in 2017 which came out normal, i started having muscle tightness all over my body, like this may sound crazy but I probably look like a zombie if i don't control my muscle/body movements, this happens everywhere in the body. Naturally your muscles in your body wants to rest but for me , i get an extreme urge to move my muscles/body like tics and tourretes but once again when i am concious and aware i am able to fully control it and not think about it. Its like your brain is not telling you to do stuff, but it comes to you without thinking for example when you say random words without thinking. Now imagine random movements like kicking something punching something rotating your head moving you hands eye mouth etc. it doesn't happen in specific pattern. I don’t know if it happens to every person or just me, i know this sounds like the craziest stuff but This is how i know this is real, typically when you are in sleep paralysis your whole body is paralysed but **

** my whole body was doing the weird movements while my whole body was paralysed and i was unconcious unable to control these movements because i was in sleep paralysis been experiencing sleep paralysis when i was a kid and the weird movements didn’t happen back then, I don’t even know what’s happening to my body I don’t even know if it’s progressing, but as of now I can sense small little details happening on my body inside my brain like little jerks inside ur face head body etc, it’s only when I think about it when I am outside with my friend none of these senses are extreme as I don’t think about it. But the muscle tightness chattering and pressure is real. Movements I am able to control not the muscle tightness and weird senses that I feel.

I still don’t know how to describe my symptoms put it in small believable symptoms next time I see a doctor.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds horrifying. im so sorry you are going through that. have you tried a Chiropractor who also specializes in nutrition. thats what im doing. i have muscle tightness in the abs from nerve damage to the Celiac plexus. It also causes muscle spasms. i hate it so much. neuropathy is the worst thing ever

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.