VERY weird question...

Posted , 5 users are following.

My nails have grown SO long and stayed stronger than any other time in my life, with the exception of pregnancy. Just wondering what this may indicate hormonally. Like some of you, I am trying to self diagnose and find my docs are of little help. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe it’s estrogen.  I always had long strong  thick nails. Things started changing with menopause.  Once I started some vaginal Estrace, it was one of the first things I noticed. My nails grew thick and strong. 
  • Posted

I started hrt 6mths ago and cannot believe my nails hair skin look great...IV never been able to grow my nails but now ...no problem happy me x
  • Posted

Hi Nancy, I think it is estrogen too...sometimes I think I am estrogen dominant, of course that changes minute to minute!  I also take vitamins.  My nails are like that too...I have vertical ridges on mine too...normal aging I guess. I polish them so I don’t self diagnose! 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.