Very weird withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Only been on for two months - 75 mg twice a day. Was making my problems worse and cramping up my hamstrings Tried cold turkey. Could not pull it off. Switched to tapering . Still skin burning up , muscles twitching and toes feeling weird . Don't see anyone else having this happen to them. Weirdest thing happening- 10 hours can pass from last dose and i will get overwhelmed by a feeling of being high that will last a long time . Anyone even a little bit the same ? Scaring myself

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey buddy. I've been taking 300 mg twice a day for 3 months for post-surgical pain along with slow release Oxycodone in the form of targin at 30 milligrams twice a day. I stop taking Lyrica 7 days ago and it didn't seem to have any major symptoms until 48 hours passed.

the symptoms if coming off have been pretty bad very restless unable to sleep and any post-operative pain seems 10 times worse. I had hip replacement 6 months ago and a hip reconstruction on the other side 3 months ago. I was seriously wondering if it was stopping me from being able to function normally and recover properly so decided to cut it out of my system.

other symptoms I had have been stabbing pains in my kidneys. it also felt to me that the opiate medication is not working as well but now I realise it is probably lost potentiating effect and I also have a feeling that the withdrawal effects of Lyrica a probably similar to the withdrawal effects of opiates

it's a horrible drug I really regret having been put on it.

• Posted

thanks for sharing . on week three and still having bad withdrawl symptoms especially stomach pains . worst is then you still have the problems you had before going on the medicine . but hanging in there . what else can you do . i believe i feel just a little better. light at the end of the tunnel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.