Very windy !

Posted , 5 users are following.

A fairly new symptom for me - basically very flatulent.    Being crude here - I could fart for Britain !     Is it another symptom of getting older, among others ?    Used to be a source of amusement when I was younger, hearing pensioners blowing off while in the shops. Well, I have reached that stage now, albeit recently.     Anybody suffering like this ?   What do you take ?

I have just been diagnosed with 50 stomach polyps (not cancerous) fortunately.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Angela

Yes!! I can relate to this myself.

As we get older our guts become more sluggish! The worst thing to do is take anything to do with making you do it more!

Look at your diet and see what could possibly be making you break wind more than usual. There are certain foods that make us 'pop' more than other foods.

Do you eat a lot of greens? That helps to keep you regular. Avoid gassy drinks if you can.A trip to your health food shop might help you too.Holland and Barratt are a great help what you could take and relieve you a bit.But also 50! Polyps in your stomach certainly doesn't help either. What will they do with your stomach? Give you medication? Or just leave them there?

You poor thing! You don't say how old you are but I'm 53 and I do get a fair bit of uctulence myself.but I know certain foods are offenders that can cause it more.il check and get back to you on this one.??Liz??

• Posted

Thanks for you answer.  I realise there are foods that make it worse, but unfortunately when you are prone to constipation, you need those things like prunes to sort you out.   You can't win sometimes.

I am 74 years of age and my digestion is not good now, especially with 50 polyps.  They are going to leave them where they are, because an operation can bring other issues.   They do give me jip at times.  Oh the joys of getting old !

• Posted

You are lucky that you live up to this age. I think old people would fart more but better let it out than holding it back for it gives gas-tro-enteristis.

• Posted

Artichokes raisins pulses prunes apples Brussels wheat products cereals etc ..
  • Posted

My spouse has had a lot of gas since youth which in his case we found out was due to his Crohns. He had some relief from GasX and cutting down on beef, however the odor has become horrible. For that we found about 3 slices of Sushi Ginger with each meal a great solution. Found in the international aisle of most grocery stores. Wish you luck.
    • Posted

Thanks !  Will keep an eye out for the ginger in the supermarket
    • Posted

I have ginger tea but it doesnt help. I think the ginger you said is ginger pickle. It is vege fermented which gives you more enzyme for your small intestine. I thinks so too I love Japanese food but rarely get the chance to eat for the meal is so big to me and if I have full stomatch the problem with diarrhear comes. Yes Crohn diseases causes gas but mainly from our stomatch, lacking of enzyme. What I do now is drinking baking soda after eating. It helps with digestion but it just one day keep my finger cross and has anyone tried baking soda for indigestion.
  • Posted

do your polyps produce gas? or is it your diet of vegetables maybe?  Maybe you are not digesting properly. Hence the gas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.