Very worried; mother’s blood showed elevated urea/creatine

Posted , 4 users are following.

my mom, 72 years old, got bloodwork back and her urea and creatine numbers were high 1.48 creatine and 48 urea blood also showed mild anemia and mild dehydration she never had abnormal numbers before last blood work was in october and was normal she also lost about 6ilbs unintentionslly and her blood pressure was normal but lower than usual

so of course i googled and now very upset that she either has cancer or kidney disease ive been crying all day long

we are getting an ultrasound of kidneys next week and redoing the blood work

can this NOT be serious??? i have a bad feeling

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

Fingers crossed its just the dehydration, your mums EGFR (kidney function) works out to around 36 if black female and about 30 if white female, so not too bad for age.

Dehydration can do this to the renal function. Make sure she drinks plenty!

Good luck and hopefully nothing to worry about. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.