Vestibular hypofunction

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 29 yr old female. I’ve recently been diagnosed with vestibular  Hypofunction. March 2017 was when I first woke up feeling, as I could describe it, as dizzy. Prior to that in January I had a really bad cold. My ears we’re clogged and I was sick for almost 2 weeks. To this day I am mad at myself for not going to the doctor. But I honestly just thought I had a cold. I probably damaged my ears. Anyways in March was my first dizzy episode and it lasted about 4 weeks. Many trips to my doctor, ER and ENT. Finally it went away. However, it returned October 2017. Lasted about 6 weeks. Same scenario at the doctors. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. They kept trying to perform th epley maneuver which never helped. Had a panic attack bc I felt no doctors knew what was wrong and I was honesty just scared. They ran blood work and did an EKG. Everything fine. Finally went away after 6 weeks again. Now it’s back and it started beginning of January 2018. Went to doctor and ENT doctor suggested PT. ENT did hearing test which was normal and a balance test which showed some balance problems with both ears. Now I’m going on week 7. Finally went to PT and I have been doing exercises. I don’t necessarily feel they are helping. I’m also experiencing some mild ear pain in both ears . 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm experiencing many of the same symptoms from clogged ears to the dizzy, woozy feeling.  Did the ENT or doctors prescribe you any medication?

• Posted

I was finally prescribed medicine from the ent for migraines bc I’ve also been getting migraines. I mostly get migraines at work. This was a new ent doctor who thinks I’m having silent migraines and thinks nothing is actually wrong with my ears so idk. Also I have TMJ so suggested I try a mouth guard. Tried the medicine and mouth guard and feel better so I’ll see how it goes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.