Vestibular Migraine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine and Vertigo has anyone else got this? And if so what medication do you take?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline,

I used to suffer so much, and the best one for me was Betahistine (or SERC16) - ask your gp to prescribe it - after taking this my symptom stop straight away

• Posted

Did you ever ask your consultant to have your spine (head and back) scan/MRI?, I thought I have Vestibular Migraine, but in the end Betahistine di not work for me, and I went to Topiramate - which is even stronger then SERC16 - but after sometime it was not working, after having scan/MRI - they found out I have got Chiari malformation instead - so I have got surgery 18 months ago..now all that vertigo and migraine, dizzyness, inbalance all gone after surgery
    • Posted

I've had a head scan and they found an Aracnoid Cyst on the right side of my brain - which the Neurologist said might be causing some inbalance..but wont do anything with it....I have now started with an inflamed cuff on my right shoulder, which I'm certain is coming from my neck/head....but what can you do when they know better!!!

• Posted

Where do you live - can you not get 2nd opinion? I live in the UK, lucky enough my gp and neurologist were very honest, sent me to Neurosurgeon - and advice to have surgery ...it started like VM and they though it was meniere disease...please get 2nd opinion...
  • Posted

I have a question about vestibular migraine.

Does the vertigo cause vestibular migraine? 

Or does having vestibular migraine cause vertigo? 

Or does it go either way?

• Posted

I think there the same I've been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine Vertigo and Meneies Desease.....if you've had migraine earlier on then you could have VM

• Posted

I think there the same I've been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine Vertigo and Meneies Desease.....if you've had migraine earlier on then you could have VM

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.