Vestibular migraine......I am not sure I can cope

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have never posted in a forum beforebefore but I really need to speak to people with a similar problem to me. Also please excuse any spelling mistakes.

I never had a issue with migraines and i sisnt even know what vertugo was untill march this year. I had vertigo for about five weeks in march i had ny ears syringed as they were seriously blocked and it went away.

I was so happy then about a month latter it hit ne again but this time is waa different.....i dont get the spinning its more of a wave/shaking ground feeling.

I was digonised with Vestibular migraine but wasnt really given anything more. I was just told to look at trees and make life style changes.

Since this began I have been off work a total for ten weeks. I have tried so many tablets that hadn't worked. Two weeks ago I was given amitriptyline and I was so happy as they seem to be working. I went back to work then on Friday I had about five vertigo attacks they were the worse I had. My manager had to drive me home.

All weekend I have felt so I'll....does anyone else feel week and exhausted for days afer.

Also I have a real problem with patterns and lines...its so hard to explain to people but it really messes me up and makes me wobbley.

I am so scared that this is my life now...I don't think I can cope with this much longer.

Also what other symptoms do you all get?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello emmy; I have been dealing with vertigo for 2months.went to gp and er blood work came back fine ekg fine! I due vertigo exercise and they help some and just keep moving around! I was feeling better but about a week ago the spinning came back so I'm not sure what it is. can anybody help me out too? Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Vanessa, it really is awful. I think it's worse when you think you have got rid of it or managing it and then it hits you again out of no where. I had to see alot of doctors before I got somewhere and my doctors even admit they can't give me advise as it is a condition they never come across

I have had to call in sick today so scared il lose my job.

Do you find line and patterns make you worse? I think this was the key factor to me being diagnosed with vestibular migraines.

Nice to know we are not alone

• Posted

Do you continue to have rotational vertigo?  What tests have you had and have you had your ears exmined at all?  If you still have rotational vertigo are the episodes brought on by certain head movements?
    • Posted

No I have not had my ears tested but I think it's just my right one tho and I'm probably gonna have to get checked! I'm not sure if it's rotation vertigo or what some days I'm good some are bad!
  • Posted

Hello Emmy 

Just a suggestion, have you thought of having your eyes tested? I was surprised at the amount of information an Opthalmologist can get from a complete eye test. Migraines, wavy lines etc, could be symptoms with another cause. I was  prescribed glasses that corrected several visual aberrations, like words jumping around on the page, wavy lines etc

Now I'm wearing different reading glasses, it seems to have stopped. I now have my eyes checked regularly.

Hope this helps 

Best wishes

Pauline

• Posted

Hi Pauline thanks for your reply,

I had my eyes tested and I told them my issues and they did extra checks. My eye sight was fine.

I have all sorts off blood tests and all fine.

I do think it is vestibular migraines but I just can't cope with it. Had to call in sick again today. sad

• Posted

Hi Emma. Are you feeling better now? I just saw your post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.