Vestibular Migraines? I don't know, but am desperate for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am going to describe this the best that I can. About 3 years ago, I was sitting at my work desk and was looking at the computer screen, I turn away from the screen, and my vision started to kind of spine, it was more like wavy back and forth as if I had "googly eyes". I couldn't get it to stop. I ran outside, tried to catch my breathe and it calmed a little but I haven't been the same since. It was a very stressful period in my life, and I also was not getting quality sleep for a long time. I did everything I could to get back to normal, saw a bunch of doctors, hard MRI scans, all came back normal. Since that day, I always have that rocky feeling as if you are on a boat. When I walk, its as if my legs are trailing behind me, and are always trying to catch up, as far as the sensation goes. If i walk on a slight incline or decline, its as of its a major incline or decline, i feel everything as if its happening as an extreme. I ended up leaving my job. Overtime it got better, and I have been good for the last 6-7 months. However, now again, after another stressful period and a brief period of none quality sleep. All the symptoms are back. It's hard to live like this, everything is a struggle. I am not sure what else to do at this point. After doing online research the online thing I can find that sounds like what I have is Vestibular Migraines, but it never goes away, its there all day everyday. I use to have a history of Migraines, got them all the time, but about 5-6 years ago they stopped, and I only get a few a year if that. They were ocular migraines from what I understand. If anyone can help me understand what this is, or if you have been through this. I am at a loss, and just want my life back. Thank you any questions please let me know I will be glad to answer them. If anyone knows how to treat this...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi chief 18

you dont say how old you are but your experience doesnt sound nice but if sitting in front of a computer screen for long periods i too get funny vision . it could be a posture thing and the balance thing sounds like what i get also . when im walking its a drunk feeling i have also seen a doctor about that he gave me some exercises to help with the balancing it could be an inner ear problem maybe . or even stress. glad your migraines have stopped or are less .the lightheadedness feeling is not pleasant and maybe speak to doctor about that

good luck

js

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I am 37 now, and this started when I was 34-35. I do work in front of a computer, but was fine prior to that moment for my entire life. Im just surprised it lasted for years after that, and now has come back. Do you know what exercises that gave you? I have been to all sorts of doctors including a ENT and they said my inner ear was fine. There was a ton of stress during that time when it started, and now again when it started back up. But It just again surprises me that it would last years, and not just a few weeks or even months then stop. Its just always. Thank you again, if you have any information I would appreciate it.

• Posted

Hi Chief, I am really sorry you are struggling.

To me this sounds like anxiety.

I struggle with really bad anxiety and this could literally be me a few years ago when I was going through a really stressful time and ended up having to leave my job as I kept having anxiety attacks.

Some people might not realise how physical anxiety can be but it can have very physical symptoms.

How is your mood currently?

You said you have been going through stressful periods in your life, do you have much support?

Rachael

• Posted

Hi,

It could be anxiety/stress related as well, on top of at the times not getting quality sleep. My mood is usually pretty optimistic, but when my symptoms are bad, i feel very down. I usually am a positive person though, and happy, but it this really affects the way I feel emotionally as well, I can't enjoy things, or just go out and do things (not like you can right now) but use to love just going out and being with people, and i get anxiety thinking about it, when I know my symptoms are bad. Have you done anything that helps?

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.