Vestibular papillomatosis

Posted , 19 users are following.

I'm not sure what this is or where this came from, but I just noticed it today. I'm not a virgin, so maybe that has something to do with it? I also am on my period at the moment (toward the end so its brownish), so I'm sorry if some of the images are graphic. imageimageimage

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Looks a lot like vestibular papillomatosis. I've had bumps like that for years, my consultant said they are normal.

• Posted

thats such a relief! Im hoping to see a doctor soon, is there a treatment for this?

• Posted

They are a type of benign tumor (like moles on the vulva), so they are harmless and there is no need to treat. Men get them too, around the head of the penis - called pearly papules.

• Posted

oh wow, this is so helpful! thank you so much for everything!

• Edited

I've had a few for many years. I find it odd that when you look up vestibular pap online it says they are rare, but there have been so many women on this site posting pictures and panicking about them, I'm loosing track. Also some go to sexual health clinics and gynaechologists who do tests and say they don't know what they are - that is rediculous!

• Posted

really?! wow that really is ridiculous! I'm hoping to see a doctor soon so maybe they've figured it out by now.. lol! I really hope its okay and nothing serious.

• Posted

im not sure your 'virginity' has anything to do with it. how old are you?

• Posted

I was just thinking that maybe it could be some sort of STD or something like that. I'm 18.

• Posted

Did your bumps ever went away?

And were they itching you? My bumps looks exactly like what you have but I feel like they are getting much worser

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.