Vestibular Testing.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I just wanted to let people know that you can get vestibular testing done. My daughter is 15 and suffers from dizziness every day. I have been dizzy for four months and not one doctor has suggested this for me. My daughter was looked at for a good hour and did all kinds of tests. Like they put these goggles on her and had her do certain movements and she watched her eyes to see how she reacted. Your eye movements can rule out certain things and also send your doctor in the right direction. Pretty neat. Just wanted to let everyone know in case it can help you. God bless.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had all that testing done with unfortunately no results to help diagnose and fix the issue.
    • Posted

I am so sorry! Since I am so dizzy I get excited every time there is a possible fix. I am realizing my dizziness gets much worse when I get stressed out.
    • Posted

Yes i agree about stress. I have been dealing with this for 10 years now. It can be very overwhelming. Especially when you dont know what is wrong. I am a person that always thinks the worse. I hope you get to the bottom of yours and your daughters soon.
    • Posted

10 years! Wow that is a very long time. I have been like this four months and I am so ready for it to end. I am so sorry you have been going through this for so long. Do you have good days and bad days? Or are you dizzy all the time? I have bad days and days that are a little better.I got rear ended on May 18th and it put me in constant dizziness for two weeks nonstop. It was horrible. Now I am back to off and on dizzy all day.
    • Posted

I wont say they are good days. I call them better days lol. I feel dizzy almost all day. I basically go to work and home. Occasuonally ill go to stores but it has put a huge damper on my life. It makes me feel faint and very weak also.
    • Posted

For some reason stores are worse for me. Dizziness steals your life and happiness. This site has helped me because I have felt like the only dizzy person in the world besides my daughter. She is only 15. So young and beautiful I feel bad she has to deal with it. I have faith we are going to figure it out someday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.