Vestibular therapy anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had two sessions so far. The therapist put goggles with cameras in them on me, then did the epley maneuver.  The camera films your eyes so they can tell which ear is affected when you have a vertigo. The first time I became very ill and threw up for hours.  My second visit I took anti nausea pills,so I didn't throw up, but I was so dizzy the next day I could barely get out of bed.  The therapist wants me back next week, saying the only way I will cure my vertigo is doing therapy. Has anyone had vestibular therapy, and did it help? Idon't know if I want to try another session since they make me feel worse.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My friend has this treatment and it has been very helpful, I'm thinking of asking my GP for a referral....
  • Posted

Yes keep Going it is gross I know but does work I was down the first time for just about a week but every time gets better i still do excercises everyday good luck
  • Posted

I did PT after I had the Epley Maneuver.  Like you, it made me very sick.  And I had to sleep on my left side for five nights.  That seemed liked a really long time as I sleep on my right side.  I did physical therapy after that for about two months.  I will say that yes it did help me quite a bit.  The balance problems I have now are not because of vertigo.  It took at least four sessions before I started feeling the difference.  Hang in there.
  • Posted

Hi Kikili...yes I went for vestibular therapy for three months once a week...It did help me a little but I was suppose to be getting it for BPPV which now they say I dont have......I never had that done to me...It was eye and head movements for about 45 minutes....felt fine afterwards.......Maybe your therapist is doing too much at one time??  But again I didnt have goggles on...
  • Posted

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice.  I do feel better today, so I think I will keep up with it.  I think I will  schedule for Friday's so I don't miss work the day after therapy. I do see to be slowly improving, so I guess I need to deal with the bad times in hope of my life returning to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.